I have been working on our 39 Ford 2 door sedan that we originally purchased around 1994 to 1995. Bought it with the intention of building a street rod and did buy some parts and got started on the project and got a few things done on it. I got a Heidt's Mustang II front cross member installed and a Chassis Engineering leaf spring kit with a swap meet 57 Ford 9 inch rear end. Also bought a Bitchin Products recessed firewall and front floor board kit but never got to installing them. The project stalled when our son was born in 1996 as time and budget for the project was hard to come by for a while. Last summer we sold another project car (1937 Pontiac) and decided we should probably sell the 39 Ford also. After looking over what shape the car was in and the money we have in it with the original purchase price and the parts we had purchased for it we decided the only way to even come close to breaking even on it was to put some work into it and at least get it closer to be a running car. So when My 55 Chevy and my son's 59 Mercury and the other summer vehicles went into winter storage we moved the 39 to the workshop to get started on it.
First project on the list is to fix the rear window and roof damage that it had when we bought it. Seller said a tree had fallen on it. I have never tried fixing damage this bad before but figured I didn't have much to lose by giving it a try on this car.

This is what it looked like when I started. Actually it was worse as I forgot to take a picture before I started, This was after I had pushed out the damage some.

This was after some work on pushing on it with a bottle jack and then the ram from my engine hoist.

Drivers side damage to work on yet.

Getting it roughly back to shape. Throughout the process I used a rattle can primer to check progress by spraying a thin coat then sanding it off with a block to make it easier to seed where it needed more work.

Looking much better but still a long way to go.

A few more progress shots.

More progress. At this point just doing a lot of hammer and dolly work to bump up the low spots and knock down the high spots combined with using a shrinking disc and a propane torch to shrink the areas of stretched metal.

Slow but sure getting it a bit better.

Looking halfway decent at this point, Should only take a thin coat of filler to look pretty good now. For sure much better than what I started with.
More to come.
Brian