Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone make a stock location 1/2" Fuel Sending unit / Pickup for a '56?

Registered Member

Member #:3529
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Funny, I kind of like it.
    I guess I should say that the OCD in me does not like that in my case it is not symmetrical. The tank was moved rearward and the filler is through the floor of the trunk because the car is tubbed. I'm guessing the coilovers are a little close to the front of the stock tank location. Because of this, the tank sits a bit higher on the passenger side than the drivers, I think the ribs in the floor are not jiving with the ribs on the tank. Most of my life my hotrods were all function over form because I could not afford them to be nice. Not that I would want a car thats form over function, but this is only my second hotrod that is a pretty nice car. I think its just me wanting it to be perfect, or as near as I can get it.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Earle Williams sells a mounting kit to center the tank when doing tubs. It moves the tank to the passenger side after removing the spare tire well, not back. It consists of two pieces of rectangular tubing with brackets to mount the tank to the tubing and in turn the tubing to the trunk floor. The two pieces of tubing are different thicknesses so that the tank sits level when looking at it from the rear. The kit looks simple but you'd be hard pressed to build it yourself because the tubing is difficult to source.

This really has nothing to do with the fuel pickup or pump.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Earle Williams sells a mounting kit to center the tank when doing tubs. It moves the tank to the passenger side after removing the spare tire well, not back. It consists of two pieces of rectangular tubing with brackets to mount the tank to the tubing and in turn the tubing to the trunk floor. The two pieces of tubing are different thicknesses so that the tank sits level when looking at it from the rear. The kit looks simple but you'd be hard pressed to build it yourself because the tubing is difficult to source.

Money well spent I centered mine myself attempting to duplicate EW. The kit has some rectangular tube you cannot buy around here, it was a pain to duplicate it with square tube. Can be done you have the if time and patience. It turned out nice but I was in better shape then.

Registered Member

Member #:3529
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post

Thanks, I will look into that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12