Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chikn's new ride.

Member #:4597
    Tip:

download a program called Irfanview.

View images w/that program.

Go to Options...Properties/Settings. Click on JPG / PCD / GIF on the left side.

UNCHECK the box to "Auto-rotate image...."

Now view your side-ways pictures. Click "r" or "l" keyboard button to rotate to the right way. His "s" to save.

Now post only those saved pictures that are in the right orientation.

Member #:4767
    Looks good if you turn your head sideways; LOL
    24 Year Army Vet ... Very Proud of It...

Thank You!
    William

Registered Member

Member #:4392
    Thanks teahead. Will do. I have a big ole melon on top of my shoulders and it has a natural lean to it... The pics just looked kinda crooked to me hehe. I'll do better in the future. I should be pulling the 265 and pwr glide out tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Registered Member

Update on my Dad's old car... Well we lost Pop on Memorial day this year and it has been pretty difficult to even look at his 55 sitting in the garage, About a month ago I decided to get to work - not having a clue where to start or what I am doing, just threw myself into it. Still pretty hard as I had a goal of seeing him drive the car at least once before he left us. As with a lot of things, work, life, etc. kept getting in the way so it didn't happen. Now when I work on it, it's like I get to spend time with him, can hear him laughing at me when I mess something up or have to disassemble what ever I put on backwards, you know how it goes. I got the 383 and 700R4 installed wired back up and made it turn over (after priming the oil pump). Work kinda slowed down a bit so I have been in, under, over the car every day. It will never be a show car - but, I think Pop would have loved it whenever I get it running again. Thank you all for every piece of advice and information that you have given me.

Member #:115
    Sorry for your loss. I just lost my younger brother a couple weeks ago and it's always a difficult time. Glad you have something to bring back his memory.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Thank you CN for the kind words sir. I am sorry to hear of your brother's passing and will be adding you and yours to my prayers.

Member #:530
    Sorry to hear that Chickn. Loss of parents is tough, but he lived pretty long and you got alot of time with him, so remember that as you build up this really clean 55 Chevy into a great driver.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Thank you sir. That's the plan! Oh, any advice on firing the motor? The fellers that built the engine did the cam break in, I just want to make it bark and run a little - open headers. Cooling system is installed and filled and I should have the fans wired up tomorrow. Just looking for some pointers. Thanks again!

Registered Member

Had to measure for my new rear end (scraping my pennies together). This is the stance I am looking to go with. All suggestions are welcome fellers.20231020_123628.jpg

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Nice looking 55. What rear end are you putting in it behind the 700R4?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast