Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chikn's new ride.

Member #:4504
    That thing is gorgeous!!!

Registered Member

Member #:4392
    Hey folks, I know it's been a while since I posted anything about my car. Well, here goes lol. The engine developed a knock when warm in the bottom end - really pronounced at idle so I stopped driving the car and would just start it every other week. So, I recently got the money scraped together and with the blessing of my 83 year old father, fell off the deep end. Instead of having the engine rebuilt, I decided to go with this... AND a whole lot of other things. I am not doing anything that I can't reverse and go back original if that ever becomes what I desire to do. Ya'll don't beat me up too bad. I will probably be asking for direction and advise really soon so thank you all in advance! Here's a few pics20220723_101616.jpg20220723_101629.jpg20220723_101548.jpg. 383 Stroker, 700R4, Complete RideTech suspension (front installed) - 4 link to be installed, Dakota digital gauge cluster, Flaming river rack and pinion cradle, steering column and steering wheel, headman headers (for rack and pinion), Be Cool radiator and fan kit, etc. The little woman is a little upset with me... don't tell her, but I am ordering my rear end from Strange Eng. next week. I am going with a 12 bolt (staying Chevy) and 3.73 gears at least that's my plan anyways. Hope each and every one of you has been well and blessed and continue to stay that way.
    Last edited by Chiknskyn; 07-23-2022 at 08:31 AM.

Member #:516
    Niiiiiice!!!!

Registered Member

Whole lot of work left to do. I am going to keep the 265 and 2 speed trans... I think that would be WAY to hard to replace. Thanks brother!

Member #:3217
    that early round snout air cleaner is worth a bit also... don't lose it.. You probably should keep the dual exhaust system too ... ?

Your new drivetrain is going to be very different than the original! it should really make it GO..

Registered Member

The exhaust was made at a muffler shop, if anything, I may cut the collectors off just in case. I listed them in the classifieds to see if anyone needed them, just come and pick them up. Everything else I am holding on to... not leaving my possession lol. I just want my dad to drive the car once with the new set up.

Member #:3249
    WOW! What a change of direction. I think you will love it when you get it together. Keep us posted on your progress.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Sounds like what people do today, best decision was to use a 12 bolt.

Registered Member

So, I decided to tackle removing the original power steering and column today... I thought I had forgotten all of my cuss words... NOPE, I membered em just fine. Removing the column and gearbox was, well a little frustrating lol. It's out and I didn't use the gas axe or grinder... don't know where all the parts are, under the car and seats most likely, but it is out! I hope to be pulling the original eng / trans in the next few days. Pointers are most welcome. Oh, bad news from Summit, my Be Cool Radiator will not be available until the end of Oct. so I went with a Summit alternative instead - still plan on mounting it in the 6 cyl location. I will be asking for advice when I get to that part as well. Thanks in advance folks.
    Last edited by Chiknskyn; 07-27-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Member #:4597
    Make sure that the brakes, tires, and steering/suspension is up to snuff.

I would drop it and leave everything else as-is. Well...it has aftermarket AC. I would get the repro dash vents and put those in to give it a more stock look inside.

Your dad had great taste!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast