Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dualfours-My 2Dr

Member #:3217
    I like your door panels, dualfours .. simple and neat.. yet very attractive!~

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Gave a considerable amount of thought time to the interior and was wanting something that looked "period" for the mid-60s. Trying to do the build pretty much along the lines of a High School mid-late 60s street prowler. Really like all the old school looks on cars and trucks since I'm old school myself. Late 40's build date of April '49 for myself, after me my parents stopped production, LOL.

I can appreciate the time, effort, expense and accomplishment of a full custom leather interior with full length custom console and such, it's just not me.

carls 56, seen in your avitar your a 'Nam vet. Welcome Home Brother, 'Nam vet myself, class of 69-70, US Army Engineers II Corp Central Highlands

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have a similar theme with my 55 s interior. I wanted to look like it was done in the 60s. I think that I will puke every time I see a old car with an overhead console and space ship interior.

Registered Member

An update, interior is Finally finished. Had to drop back and punt on the 67 GTO buckets. Springs are really bad shape. Told interior shop to go ahead with the bench to keep the car moving forward. Will work the bucket seat situation later. All in all, VERY satisfied with workmanship and the overall look. Think the body and interior colors all blend well. Charged the battery, primed the rear carb, cranked over 2-3 times and fired right up. Let it idle outside maybe 20 minutes or so. Now back to the body shop for the front and rear glass and install bumpers. Then home for some minor tweaks here and there. Repaint the Mr. Gasket traction bars (primer overspray-no biggie), get rid of the aluminum flex fan in favor of a 6 blade steel mechanical. V-8 position on radiator, no room for a clutch fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    The interior and the car look great, dual fours! I like it....

Banned

Member #:2775
    Very nice!

Member #:1723
    The interior looks great, and the interior and exterior colors complement each other - great job!

Member #:530
    I agree...good color combo there. Get the bumpers on and finish the glass and then just DRIVE IT!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    That is a good looking car. You've got something there to be proud of

Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words, must admit am very pleased how the colors blend together. Was a bit concerned when picked out the body color and the interior cloth and vinyl about how well it would all come together. Just really wanted something different than the reds, blues, blacks, whites and original body colors normally seen. Have a restored '71 Chevy 4x4 and a restored '71 Chevelle, both are shades of blue. When wife and I picked on the Shadow Gray Metallic from a 2018 Silverado pickup was not sure but am very happy now. Can't wait to get the bumpers and glass installed and driving season. Been a long wait since have been able to row thru the gears.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast