Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dualfours-My 2Dr

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Finally, brought the 57 home today! Used my AAA membership since the roller tires aren't up for highway speeds at the moment. That's on the agenda with a few other refinements. Glass is installed, front and rear bumpers along with the stainless trim sure brings out the contrast to the body color. Can't wait for warmer weather and driving season. Ready for the swap meets and car shows to start up also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    Looks like a WHOLE CAR now Dual Fours! Congrats!~

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Looks like a WHOLE CAR now Dual Fours! Congrats!~
    First time the car has had the front bumper on it since I bought the car in 1975. Pulled the front bumper then so I could flat tow behind my pickup to the local race track. Built a REAL sturdy tow bar for towing, still have it stashed away in a shed. Trying to decide now if I want to run 15 x 6 or 15 x7 steel wheels. Will keep the rally wheels, just want a change for the time being. Running 215/70/15s right now, need to come up with a decent useable spare.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Always Glad to see a fellow early 70s purchaser reach their goal, Took my 28 years on my 56 and not done. Getting ready to assemble an aluminum Camel Hump 327 to replace the 350. When you raced it did you run at Wichita, Great Bend, or Manhattan.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Always Glad to see a fellow early 70s purchaser reach their goal, Took my 28 years on my 56 and not done. Getting ready to assemble an aluminum Camel Hump 327 to replace the 350. When you raced it did you run at Wichita, Great Bend, or Manhattan.
    Never did race it in Wichita at the Wichita International Dragstrip on north Maize Road. Wife and I, when we were dating, used to go to there quite often on Saturday night dates. Loved to watch the Coca-Cola Funny Car drags run with the nitro-methane so heavy in the air. Used to always get the pit pass and walk around the cars. I raced the 57 at Mid-America Dragstrip just west of Arkansas City, SE of Wellington. During WW2 it was an emergency landing airfield and was just recently purchased by new owners and started drags again after being dormant for several years.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I forgot about Ark City, I have never been there or Wichita or Great bend.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I was born in Kansas and most of my extended family. Many near Smith Center, to Phillipsburg. Here is the fire truck from my Dad's hometown I bought from Athol KS, pop38.
    IMG_4258.JPG

Registered Member

Cool looking fire truck. Am guessing maybe a 52 or 53? Not really versed on the older trucks.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualfours View Post
    Cool looking fire truck. Am guessing maybe a 52 or 53? Not really versed on the older trucks.
    1950 1.5 ton with only 2500 miles, thanks. Your 57 look great!
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-02-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Member #:4623

Nice!!!

That is a nice ride you have there. Now that most of the work is done (it is never finished) drive it and enjoy it. Great to hear the history behind it as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast