Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New guy, jumping ship from trifive.com

Registered Member

Member #:4431

New guy, jumping ship from trifive.com

How is everyone doing? I got fed up with the new layout at TriFive.com so I registered here to give it a go.
    I have been working from home since March 13th with no sign of going back to normal anytime soon. Doesn't matter, saves me about 400 bucks a month on gas and two hours a day of travel time.
    I have a '56 two door wagon I have been rebuilding since August of last year. I have a huge thread on the other site I wish I could steal and post here. Here's a link to all 12 pages:
    https://www.trifive.com/threads/hit-.../#post-2274238
    I have a few other cars as well. A custom '95 GMC pick up, a '94 Astro Van with an LT1 350 in it, a '94 Formula, a '95 T/A Convertible, the twins, and the other project, an '88 Astro Van I have built an entire chassis and front and rear suspensions for. That one is a book as well on the Pro-Touring site.
    I love my wife of almost 43 years. She puts up with my hobbies and I put up with hers.
    Anyway, glad to be here and we'll see how it goes.
    Mark
    Last edited by astroracer; 07-09-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Member #:3217
    Welcome to TriFiveChevys Mark!~

You might try posting the LINK to your photos here? And if you work at it a bit, you'll figure out it's pretty easy to post photos here also...

Member #:4399
    Hi Mark, from one new guy to another, welcome to the group!!!

Registered Member

Thank You Sir. I added the link in my 1st post. I'll get around to starting a Project Thread and get caught up on the work. It has been going pretty slow though. To damn hot the last couple of weeks to do to much...
    Mark

Member #:4426
    Welcome to the forum astroracer, I left the dark side and am glad I migrated here. That forum really sucks now. I found creating an album in your profile wasn't all that difficult here...trial and error, some intuitive thought. The software is easy to play with.

BTW, I am a big fan of Astro vans....rear wheel drive, big 4.3 V6 made from the 350 by removing two center cylinder bores. GM evidently discontinued it because of the new safety regulations.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim57 View Post
    Hi Mark, from one new guy to another, welcome to the group!!!
    Thanks! Right back at 'cha.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
    Welcome to the forum astroracer, I left the dark side and am glad I migrated here. That forum really sucks now. I found creating an album in your profile wasn't all that difficult here...trial and error, some intuitive thought. The software is easy to play with.

BTW, I am a big fan of Astro vans....rear wheel drive, big 4.3 V6 made from the 350 by removing two center cylinder bores. GM evidently discontinued it because of the new safety regulations.
    I did a lot of design work in the early eighties when they were introduced. I designed all of the inner workings for the instrument cluster and a did a lot work on the fuel tanks. I have always had 1 or 2 or 3 Astro's in my fleet since they 1st came out'
    Here is my '94 AWD with 43K on it. LT1 350 out of a Trans Am, built by Callaway from what I was told. The engine was swapped in when the van was brand new and had 50 miles on it.

Mark

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Mark and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool collection too.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:1653
    Welcome aboard

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    hi, guy. i came over too, just under another name. how `bout that, "over there"?