Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 55 pot right qtr replacement need some advice

Registered Member

Member #:4478

55 pot right qtr replacement need some advice

55 post needs a full qtr with post. some idiot butchered in another section of the car.Then another did a lower qtr using kitty hair to bond the two together. First azz hat made the door opening .250 short. so Who makes the best qtr and how much of it is up under the roof sections? I cant find any pic or vids of a tri five full qtr done on a post car. Are all the qtrs made by one company? they all use the same photo. And who has them w trim holes.
    Thnks

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Welcome to the site.

There is only one full factory style quarter panel on the market for a 55 post and it is made by Golden Star in Asia. Golden Star is a distributor only, you have to buy from one of their many retailers. The panel includes the quarter window frame and attaches up into the roof like a factory quarter panel did. It also includes the top of the rear part of the panel over to the trunk opening.

There are quite a few flaws with this panel. I've never used one.

There are other quarter panels out there but they are hardtop panels. They can be used on a sedan but you must retain the belt line dip of the original panel. In the rear, they only go to the peak of the panel, not over to the trunk opening. There are flaws with these too, but different and maybe fewer. I used one on my 55 post back when there was no choice, the full factory style was not available yet.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Welcome to the site.

There is only one full factory style quarter panel on the market for a 55 post and it is made by Golden Star in Asia. Golden Star is a distributor only, you have to buy from one of their many retailers. The panel includes the quarter window frame and attaches up into the roof like a factory quarter panel did. It also includes the top of the rear part of the panel over to the trunk opening.

There are other quarter panels out there but they are hardtop panels. They can be used on a sedan but you must retain the belt line dip of the original panel. In the rear, they only go to the peak of the panel, not over to the trunk opening. There are flaws with these too, but different and maybe fewer. I used one on my 55 post back when there was no choice, the full factory style was not available yet.
    Thank you for that. My issue is the b pillar was butchered. This quote is from Real deals website about the 55 full qtr

"Challenges: 1. Quarter window opening is not fully flanged and does not include original strengthening baffle. 2. Area around rear bumper recess has very sharp, flat edge unlike the original soft roll. 3. Difficult to fit and prevent the "bulge" between door and wheel opening. 4. Taillight area difficult to fit."

My fear is a HUGE chunk of body filler popping out w 750 hp na 555 BBC sidestepping the clutch at 6k rpm Or wherever I end up launching it at =/

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Welcome to the site.

Thnks you for the response.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I may have portrayed a bleak picture with the "flaws" I talked about. For the most part, they can be overcome with some planning and extra work. Good luck.