Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New LS radiator with top tank, cooler, fan, and shroud for $600

Banned

Member #:2775

New LS radiator with top tank, cooler, fan, and shroud for $600

Picked up a new aluminum radiator for my 55 with a LS3 truck motor yesterday. Stumbled across this company I hadn't heard of before that makes all of their radiators in house to order, and it was only a 2 hour drive away to pick it up. I timed it to pick up my grandkids in the same town just a mile away from the shop in a little farm town in Humbolt, Iowa. I was impressed with their operation and customer service. I called on Monday to order it, and it was done 2 days later. They buy blank cores, and then cut everything on a CNC waterjet and TIG weld them on site. They have a lot of different options and I decided to go with a top tank radiator with all of the correct size fittings to connect up to a LS engine. It also has a tranny cooler, Spal fan, shroud, and brackets all ready to bolt in. Looks like it will work great. I got it for little under $600 since it didn't need packaging, or shipped.
    The company is Universal Parts Inc.
    https://www.universalpartsinc.com/shopping/?ic=10326

IMG_8645.JPGIMG_8644.JPGIMG_8650.JPGIMG_8647.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 08-22-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Banned

Sure seems like I'm posting stuff on the wrong site due to the total lack of feedback here. Unless it either controversial, or political there is not much response going on with this site, which is probably why. Sad, nobody wants to talk about, or show their Chevy shoe box pictures, and projects here. I'm not scared to, even after being banned twice just trying to participate.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 08-22-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Member #:4391
    That looks like a nice setup to me. I like the way the fan and shroud attach to the frame of the radiator. That looks like a 16" diameter fan. Do you know the cfm rating of the fan?

Member #:3217
    That appears to be a pretty nice deal for the radiator/fan setup RD... Since you special ordered it, I assume you got what you needed and wanted? Are you concerned about some part of it? It appears to be setup to mount in the 6-cyl position in a stock rad support and support your planned LS install... I like it. Please let us know how it works out for you. I'm told the LS engines are *easy* to cool and that a stock radiator will cool one, so your new aluminum rad should do fine...

Member #:3292
    What size tubes?
    How many rows?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Sorry, I have no knowledge about LS and C4 stuff, so my comments are limited, but I do think you have a cool looking dog,

Banned

The radiators they sell are all made after you order them, and this one is one of several options they build, and their 2nd best selling one. It has the LS 1.5in outlet, and 1.25in inlet with the steam port fitting. 7 plate trans cooler, 2 row 2.25in core, and the fan is rated for 2360 CFM. They are also a Spal dealer, and build setups for many different cars, and non-LS tri-five combinations. All I have to do now is figure the hard part. How to do the hoses, and trans lines, plus route the intake manifold tubing?

Member #:3217
    So how are you planning to go about selection of appropriate radiator hoses, RD??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    So how are you planning to go about selection of appropriate radiator hoses, RD??
    I will probably start out at my neighborhood parts store. I'm sure it will take some slicing and dicing, and will probably take a few tries. At least with the correct sizes on the radiator I won't need to add reducers to the mix. When I can finally get to the point of putting coolant in it, it will not have any regular gear clamps on it either, after I blew a radiator hose off of 2 different cars. Only the constant tension gear clamps for me anymore. It helps having a Tahoe with a 5.3 for reference on where lots of stuff needs to go.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 08-23-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Looks like a nice piece, but I prefer a crossflow radiator with a bigger core and dual fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast