Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: convertible top parts company

Registered Member

Member #:4480

convertible top parts company

hello all who is the go to company for what i need to replace my convertible top on my 55 belair convertible, thanks for reading.

Member #:3217
    Again, Do you have a good top frame? Do you want to BUY a top (sewn material) and install it yourself? or ?? Do you have an installer selected if you aren't going to install it yourself? Discuss with your upholstery installer and then come back here and be more specific with your questions and we can likely help you. If you were in Huntsville AL area and wanted to know where to go I could point you to an installer... but Where are you?

Registered Member

the car is a 55 belair convertible car has 20 k miles on it so the frame is good im sure rubbers are old need pads etc. i think its a harts top vinyl. boot and well....
    im in belvidere NJ

thanks for responding

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    There can be problems other than rust and wear. Do the side rails line up perfectly like in this picture?
    57 conv top frame-5.jpg

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    There can be problems other than rust and wear. Do the side rails line up perfectly like in this picture?
    57 conv top frame-5.jpg
    yes they do

that's a very low mileage car with only 20K miles on it in 65 yrs~~ Besides the top and pads, your top may also need the weatherstripping pieces. I've replaced all this before on Corvettes, but never owned a Trifive convertible, so I'm unsure who is the best source. You could look into Danchuk, Ecklers, Woody's, and CARS as places to start. CARS probably has everything you need for sure as they've been around the longest...

Registered Member

convertible

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Again, Do you have a good top frame? Do you want to BUY a top (sewn material) and install it yourself? or ?? Do you have an installer selected if you aren't going to install it yourself? Discuss with your upholstery installer and then come back here and be more specific with your questions and we can likely help you. If you were in Huntsville AL area and wanted to know where to go I could point you to an installer... but Where are you?
    hey bama good points im in northern NJ i like to have the top installed, top frame is good need weather 8 years old, top works fine, its a white top frame is mint.rubber weather strip i think it has to be replaced, so imback

Registered Member

that's a very low mileage car with only 20K miles on it in 65 yrs~~ Besides the top and pads, your top may also need the weatherstripping pieces. I've replaced all this before on Corvettes, but never owned a Trifive convertible, so I'm unsure who is the best source. You could look into Danchuk, Ecklers, Woody's, and CARS as places to start. CARS probably has everything you need for sure as they've been around the longest...
    ok ill look thanks

Registered Member

IS IT CARS .COM OR JUST CARS TY

It's actually https://carsinc.com/ for the website.

The original name was 'Can Am Restoration Supply (C.A.R.S.) started by two enthusiasts. They are located in Michigan right on the Canadian border, thus their original name as they had business locations on both sides of the border.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast