Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: relocating front seat

Member #:3217
    Thanks RD... that would seem to be an easy solution to folks wanting to install bucket seats and not having a pair, nor having the ability/welding capability to make their own brackets...

Banned

Member #:2775
    They were great to deal with, and they actually pick up the phone and talk to you out of Utah.
    https://corbeau.com/

Registered Member

Member #:4480

adjusting front bench seat on my 55

finally got the front seat mounted on my 55 , now i have another issue when i move the forward & reverse adjuster knob only the left side works, does anyone have a way to adjust the right side with out pulling the front seat again ty

Member #:3217
    The latches for the left and right side of the front seat adjuster are both 'released' by the adjuster knob (release knob) on the drivers side. There is a wire (a strong wire) going from the release latch on the drivers side to the release latch on the passenger side. If that wire is properly adjusted, then the driver's side release knob will release both sides of the seat to 'slide' fore and aft.

Member #:615
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    The latches for the left and right side of the front seat adjuster are both 'released' by the adjuster knob (release knob) on the drivers side. There is a wire (a strong wire) going from the release latch on the drivers side to the release latch on the passenger side. If that wire is properly adjusted, then the driver's side release knob will release both sides of the seat to 'slide' fore and aft.
    The wire has a S bend in it. To shorten it so the right side releases you just twist it with pliers to increase the bend. When you see it you will see what I mean.

I haven't tried it with the seat installed but if you are agile and have good eye site maybe you could do it. I would just remove the seat bolts and lean the seat over on its back.

Registered Member

ft seat adjustment

thanks i check it out

Registered Member

seat adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    The wire has a S bend in it. To shorten it so the right side releases you just twist it with pliers to increase the bend. When you see it you will see what I mean.

I haven't tried it with the seat installed but if you are agile and have good eye site maybe you could do it. I would just remove the seat bolts and lean the seat over on its back.
    sounds good try this today thanks

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster601@aol.com View Post
    finally got the front seat mounted on my 55 , now i have another issue when i move the forward & reverse adjuster knob only the left side works, does anyone have a way to adjust the right side with out pulling the front seat again ty
    So how did you relocate your seat, and a picture?

Registered Member

ecklers

Thanks for posting a source,! I hadn't seen those before. A 4" relocation of the front seat to the rear would provide a lot more front seat room, but would totally eliminate the rear seat leg/foot room!

One could make these themselves pretty easily and 'customize it for the extra amount you actually needed (rather than 4").. Two plates, drilled and tapped appropriately with a few bolts! If you knew who supplied these to Ecklers, you could buy them cheaper than $131 and get better customer service and delivery ... Ecklers sucks more each day than the day before!
    i totally agree

Registered Member

seat relocation

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    So how did you relocate your seat, and a picture?

well i did get the seat relocation plates from ecklers . i got them thru eBay no picture no description cost 130.00 i emailed them to see if the hardware was included they said no. when i got them they had hardware and mismatched tags on what goes where,like right was left left was right...
    so the guy i bought the car from was a short guy, as i started taking the seat bolts out he put a 2x3 under the seat frame both sides, what a job to remove them, so now i can sit in the car with out diving in lol, and have plenty of leg room. i was told you wont have much leg room in the rear seat i say So, for me and the bride fit great.
    the issue of the right side track releasing i found if i use 3 hog rings to hold the seat wire up to the seat spring problem solved my seat moves great, oh i did find the S bends in the cable, also i did unbolt the seat lay it back.
    as far as pictures im working on it. thanks all for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12