Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 57 Hood Hinges

Registered Member

Member #:4482

57 Hood Hinges

Hi, On the 57 pickup I just got the hood don't line up very well (sits high at the back). I am thinking the hood hinges are bad/worn. Is there a preference on who's reproduction hinges to get. It looks like AMD and Dynacorn are the main ones. I would like to get a set and install them before taking the truck apart. Thank You Steve

Member #:3217
    Have you tried lubricating and adjusting the factory hinges? Personally I've not been impressed by aftermarket hinges...?

Registered Member

Hi, Yes I hve tried adjusting them. They are free with no binding. The rear of the hood is too high and the hinges are down as far as they go. I am new to these trucks so everything is new to me. I can't believe they only have 4 5/16 bolts holding that big hood on. I will give it another try though. Thank You Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Have you tried lubricating and adjusting the factory hinges? Personally I've not been impressed by aftermarket hinges...?

Registered Member

I am gong to use the hinges that came with the truck and just install new springs. They seem pretty tight. I may have to slot them to get the hood where I want. On another note do these trucks just have bad body gaps in general? Steve