Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Banned

Member #:2775
    ^^^and you need 2, one on each side of the banjo. Try new ones also if they have been crushed.

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Timo? Are you using copper washers?
    Yes copper washers and New ones. Gonna by new set tomorrow and try again. Damn those are Hard to get leak free

Member #:3217
    Timo, try tightening.. then back off a bit, then tighten again...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Timo, try tightening.. then back off a bit, then tighten again...
    Okei. Gonna try that

Member #:615
    I had the same problem with our brakes. I tried copper washers that came with the brake kit. Then I bought more copper washers at NAPA, Then I went to the Chevy dealer and got new ones from there. Nothing stopped the leak.

Someone online said to use Earls Performance Stato Seal Washers. Then someone online said they weren't able to be used for brakes. So I went to the Earls Performance website and sent an email asking if it would work with brakes. They answered that they never had a complaint from anyone using them for brakes. I haven't really driven it more than a few feet yet, but after two years there is no leak.

Earl's Performance 178007ERL - Earl's Performance Stat-O-Seals. I ordered them from Summit.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have had issues with the washers that come with calipers myself, good info to know.

Member #:3217
    Here's what one fella says about crush washers (they need to be 'flattened').. even reuses his old ones after sanding with 220 grit paper...

https://youtu.be/gEngrr_ssss

He's talking about reusing crush washers, but if you're having difficulty achieving seal, maybe even try this with a new crush washer?
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 01-24-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have reused OEM ones with good sucess those that come with reman calipers are a crap shoot.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I have reused them without issues before, but they do work-harden after they've been crushed, like aluminum drain plug washers do too and don't seal as good. I've been using the same drain plug washer for 20 oil changes of 200kmi even though some people replace them every time. They should not need to be super tight either. Just a little past snug.

Registered Member

I bought aluminium washers instead and now the leak has stopped finally! I have disc disc master and for some reason i have much smaller fluid transfer to the back then to the front. Pedal goes about 2" when it starts to brake rear brakes.

I have been bleeding the rear brakes many times and i have No air in there.

Theres a burb of fluid at the front reservoir when i puh the brake pedal but not from the back reservoir. If i Release the brake pedal really fast it burbs on the rear reservoir but not when aplying the brake.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast