Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Timo, what you want on the mount for the upper bar is for the bar to be parallel to the lower bar when viewing from the side. It's difficult to tell from your video whether you have that or not.

This avoids binding when you are cornering and the outer wheel is compressing the spring while the inner wheel is extending the spring.
    Its really close To been parallel. I measured it with using cross laser

Member #:530
    Dang Timo...you are just kickin' ass and taking names with the progress of this build! Stay with it...it's gonna be a fantastic car when done.
    Thank you for documenting it and posting it here for us lazy types to watch.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Dang Timo...you are just kickin' ass and taking names with the progress of this build! Stay with it...it's gonna be a fantastic car when done.
    Thank you for documenting it and posting it here for us lazy types to watch.
    Thank you very much for kind words! They give me good boost for building the car i made front shock mounts today and gonna post video when everything is welded on

Registered Member

Little More work, driver side upper airbag mount did not fit and had to do 2" notch to the floor. Then i realised that the fuel tank is super close to the airbag and gonna measure today if i have to move the tank 2" to the back. Also noticed that the fuel tank has somekind of o ring connection and gonna change that to normal clamp connector

Registered Member

Today My friend came and welded the whole 4 link etc. I noticed that My front shock mounts where In the wrong place and have to cut them out and weld those back tomorrow with redesigned place. I did not have enough up travel In the shock when car was In driving height. My own fault, measured wrong.

Gonna post video when the chassis is all ok and bags working etc

Banned

Member #:2775
    Seems like too many times lately trying to move my project forward, I run into unseen issues, and have to back up 2 steps and try another path. And then it's a compromise, but sometimes it's a better idea than originally planned. Like trying to stay under a 50% scrap rate running brake, tranny, and fuel lines.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-23-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Registered Member

I feel you with the brake and fuel line scrap rate im currently planning the e brake system and the cables. I dont want the original system where they are. Lookimg to hide them under the exhaust.

Registered Member

Made New shock brackets and they are welded on. Painted them and ready to install shock and rear bags etc. Today gonna test the rear bags with fronts

Registered Member

Little More progress

Registered Member

My friend came over today and soldered the rear body panel gaps. Previous owner used bondo In those so i grinded that of and we used lead solder for those.

Also had to move My rear shock upper holes to different location because they hit the upper 4 link arms when car is lowered to max.

Tomorrow maybe tha fuel tank brackets relocation and the floor is starting to be ready

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast