Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    In today world when most stuff comes from China NEW is Never Ever Works.
    Exactly!

Registered Member

Well my maf problem is finally solved. My tuner dude tuned the maf for 3" pipe and i have 4" pipe so the values were wey off. It ran out of fuel and died. Now we have the idle to correct value but tuner is gonna write the entire maf all over the get it right. By wednesday it should be ready to run and respond good to gas pedal also.

I also started wiring the whole car, mounted the 21 fuse universal harness fuse box to my firewall and ran the rear wiring to the trunk etc.

Gonna post few videos soon

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Not even sure I know what a maf is, still running as many as 3 carburators on my junk.

Registered Member

Mass airflow meter. Basically same as looking for proper sized jets on carb sort of. I have been playing with ls engines for few years so they are familiar to me.

Registered Member

I was about to do few videos about my progres but i got covid so gonna rest for few days. Yesterday my temp was about 39.2 degrees so onky sleeping and drinking Juice etc. Today morning body temp only 37.1 degrees so much better

Member #:3217
    Very sorry to hear you caught the virus, Timo, but it seems you're recovering already! Hope you continue to recover quickly and get back to your '57!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Sorry to hear about your virus, wishing you a speedy recovery. The good news is your thread will not be shut down for bring it up.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Very sorry to hear you caught the virus, Timo, but it seems you're recovering already! Hope you continue to recover quickly and get back to your '57!
    Thank you and yes im already recovering and i believe the worst is behind me!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sorry to hear about your virus, wishing you a speedy recovery. The good news is your thread will not be shut down for bring it up.
    Thank you very much and yes i think just a few days and il be on my feet again!

Registered Member

Little update. My tuner managed to tune maf sensor for the idle. I torqued few oilpan bolts and oil leaks are finished. I also made package tray for my 6x9 speakers.

I tested my locks and they aro No go. Ignition switch key can be removed while the car is running etc so thats not good, door locks wont turn even after i soaked them in wd40 so gonna buy whole new set. Gonna test the ignition switch so i know that it will work..

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast