Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Hi Timo,
    Wow! Great progress! The car is looking really great - you have made so much progress. Thanks for your documentation!
    Regards, doug
    Thank you very much Doug! Im trying to finish the car in this summer so gonna be tight for that little things take time etc. And thanks for the positive comment by the way

Registered Member

I installed the tack strips today and gonna put the windlace maybe tomorrow. I have never done that but ciadella made great video about the job so im gonna try it my self and possibly even the headliner also

Banned

Member #:2775
    You are pretty much putting everyone to shame of the top posters by getting it done quickly so you can enjoy it, including me. It gets even harder towards the end to get it where you wanted it to be. I'm not even close but having a blast driving it in the meantime.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    You are pretty much putting everyone to shame of the top posters by getting it done quickly so you can enjoy it, including me. It gets even harder towards the end to get it where you wanted it to be. I'm not even close but having a blast driving it in the meantime.
    Well everyone takes the time they need and everyone has different timetable to work qith etc. I have fortune in the time matter, i work 12h days 4 in a row and then have 6 days of in between. I have lots of time to work on my car

Member #:3217
    TIMO.... your work hours sound like 'fireman's hours'.... What do you do?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    TIMO.... your work hours sound like 'fireman's hours'.... What do you do?
    I work in Saint gobain glass wool fabric. Love the job even its sometimes quite demanding, not fysically but mentally. Lots if machinery,some operate with air, hydraulic and electric and if something goes wrong its my job to try to solve the problem as fast as i can. Also use 2 computers all the time where the main programming comes for the machines etc

Member #:3217
    ... plant machinery mechanic/technician? Sounds interesting..

Your schedule/hours sounds ideal for a 'car nut'...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    ... plant machinery mechanic/technician? Sounds interesting..

Your schedule/hours sounds ideal for a 'car nut'...
    Well im not an engineer but i do repair work when needed. Like welding, bearing swaps, convoir belt swaps etc. I have 4 different degrees before this job so i do all sort of stuff

My first degree is from carpentery, second is house building i do almost everything my self, third is from shipping yard, i was build Cruise cabinets for ships and did everything but electrics in there, the fourth is computer technician and i also teached computer stuff here in local adult school for two years. After all those i worked as a shovel guy behind excavator for 12years and now im in the wool factory

Registered Member

Well the back glass was really a pain to install. We took it off about three times, rope and new soap everytime. Damn that was really pita to install but now its on its place with all the moldings etc

Registered Member

Started to install headliner and noticed that im missing two front bows

Well i dont want to wait so im gonna fab those my self tomorrow. Local metal firm has the same size Rod in storage so im gonna bend those my self.

Wish me good luck for the job!

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast