Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Banned

Member #:2775
    There are many videos, but this is a simple good article on brake systems. One thing to keep in mind not normally considered is, that in a dual cylinder the primary piston needs to build pressure first in order to get the secondary piston to move, which could take some extra travel. since the pistons are connected in series, I wonder if it makes a difference as to whether the primary should be hooked to rear, or front brakes depending on which end builds pressure first? I guess I always hooked the primary to the rear since it is the rear port if it even makes a difference.
    Especially on a disc/drum setup.

How Master Cylinders and Combination Valves Work | HowStuffWorks
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-24-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    On many disk drum masters the front pot is twice as big as rear, which leads me plumb that way.

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Mine builds pressure yo the fronts first so its ok,just somw air in the lines i think so rear ones start to move later but that might be correct way to the brake system to work.

Registered Member

Quick update today. Been really busy with the car. O2 sensors in place, wrapped the powersteering lines with the sama nylon sock as all my other pipes in the engine bay. Also mocked wiring harness for cleaner look.

Installed my trans pcm and ecu in the firewall to the drivers side. Have to fab bracket for the fuse box and fasten the obd port somewhere.

Registered Member

Quick update: been doing lots of wiring for few days and all my fans are wired so ac and cooling fans are ready to go. Also hooked mil light and tcc lock up wires for first start tomorrow. Radiator fluid is topped and also trans fluid and oil.

I hooked battery just little today so i could sen that i have No fuel leaks anywhere etc and No problems so far

I used the 3 reley system that gm uses also so fans have two speeds.

Member #:3217
    Sounds like you are about ready to fire up the engine? Will this be the first time You've ran it? new engine or used engine?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Sounds like you are about ready to fire up the engine? Will this be the first time You've ran it? new engine or used engine?
    First time i run it..used engine but totally rebuild here in finland with larger cam etc. The builder test run the engine and programmed the ecu for larger cam for decent idle but it needs dynotune to get it running good but thats for later

Banned

Member #:2775
    My 05 5.3 $1000 junkyard motor after sitting for over 5 years sputtered for about 30 seconds, and just purred ever since.

Registered Member

My engine was about 150k driven when shipped to finland. They also rebuild my 4l60e in the same time. I wanted them to be new so i dont have to rebuild them for Long time but the engine would have lasted long time even with out rebuild

Registered Member

Well, first start today. I forgot to connect my intake pipe and of wrong amount of air in the engine. Really Hard start and engine died many times before i got it running, then i noticed a fuel leak underground the car so quickly turned the car of.

I have leaking fuelregulator and dont know how to stop it from leaking but gonna investigate it tomorrow.

Perhaps thats the reason it ran so poorly because the lack off fuel pressure etc.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast