Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Member #:1723
    Hi Timo,
    That looks great - big job, and good results! I take it you didn't have to deal with undercoating? Took me a long time to get that off on my car.
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Hi Timo,
    That looks great - big job, and good results! I take it you didn't have to deal with undercoating? Took me a long time to get that off on my car.
    Regards, Doug
    No undercoating so quite easy Job To grind Off. About 4h or so for the half of the floor. I cleaned the other half earlier.

I installed the Front end stuff today with the bags:

Registered Member

Today i mocked the 4link and welded rear for body install before finall weld process. Just want to make sure that Front wheels turn ok etc. I dont have the Front rims so i have to measure everything with the old rims and tires on the front. New rims arrive about month or so. Gonna post video tomorrow about the body install.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Impressive. I've been stuck for over a week now just trying to run 2 stupid transmission cooler lines.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Impressive. I've been stuck for over a week now just trying to run 2 stupid transmission cooler lines.
    Those can be frustrating things to do when the car is build. I hope to mock everything before buiding final time

Registered Member

Im little bit strugling with the 4 link upper bracket, do they need to be on the top of belhousing or does the centerline of axle be enough? I tacked the chassis bracket already and if the upper needs to on top of the rear then I have to cut Those out and move them upper

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by timo pajala View Post
    Im little bit strugling with the 4 link upper bracket, do they need to be on the top of belhousing or does the centerline of axle be enough? I tacked the chassis bracket already and if the upper needs to on top of the rear then I have to cut Those out and move them upper
    Timo, if you bought someone else's design or kit, you should follow their instructions explicitly IMO...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Timo, if you bought someone else's design or kit, you should follow their instructions explicitly IMO...
    It stated that it should be above axle center line so im gonna lift the bracket about an inch or so

Registered Member

4 link and rear bags are tacked In.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Timo, what you want on the mount for the upper bar is for the bar to be parallel to the lower bar when viewing from the side. It's difficult to tell from your video whether you have that or not.

This avoids binding when you are cornering and the outer wheel is compressing the spring while the inner wheel is extending the spring.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast