Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    I drilled New shock holes yesterday and moved the fuel tank brackets 2" towards the rear. I used 1968 camaro adjustable koni rear shocks In this and they are perfect for the lenght.

Keep In mind that My shock is mounted lower then the original shock so thats why they fit ok

Banned

Member #:2775
    I have watched a few of your videos and am impressed at how you are going after it. But, more pictures of your progress would be better time wise for everyone, and you. It takes much less time to post a picture which says alot, instead of video. Thanks, 55RD
    I have got to where I can take a picture and post it in less than 4 minutes.

Registered Member

Thanks for the reply! Im gonna post pictures later for the chassis and shocks etc when i have painted the frame and so on

Member #:1723
    Timo,
    You are doing a fantastic job on your build, and in documenting your methods and progress; thanks for the videos! I am amazed at what you get done, and in how fast you do so!
    Thanks man! Doug

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Timo,
    You are doing a fantastic job on your build, and in documenting your methods and progress; thanks for the videos! I am amazed at what you get done, and in how fast you do so!
    Thanks man! Doug
    Thank you very much! I mocked the New front seat brackets today but ran out of welding gas so tomorrow that continues after i refill the gas tank.

I made quite easy brackets to hold the 1984 camaro front seats on.

They look quite nice In there, little sporty but not too much.

Body is soon ready for epoxy and the frame also ready
    Its going on quite nice and gonna start mocking the side moldings so i can make New moldings holes to the Doors

Registered Member

I did the air duct Light assembly bracket today, that was really pain to do. I had no air duct on the drivers side but had the other side duct and used that as model and worked that from sheetmetal.

Im not using the duct but peace of it is necessary to attach the front Light.

2 hours went to that but Its finished. Gonna Paint those Black so they wont show under there

Registered Member

Engine Almost finished

Member #:1723
    Hi Timo,
    Thanks for the video! Your startup sounded great, and no leaks! The engine stand setup is great, liked your shelving so all you need is right at hand, and how nothing seems jerry-rigged (like I would do), and then you turned the camera to your PC engine monitor - wow! Your garage space looks pretty extensive - is it a three car garage, or more? Wondered if you work on cars for your livelihood?
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Hi Timo,
    Thanks for the video! Your startup sounded great, and no leaks! The engine stand setup is great, liked your shelving so all you need is right at hand, and how nothing seems jerry-rigged (like I would do), and then you turned the camera to your PC engine monitor - wow! Your garage space looks pretty extensive - is it a three car garage, or more? Wondered if you work on cars for your livelihood?
    Regards, Doug
    Thank you for the reply. Thats not My garage in the engine video, Its the engine builders video that he send to me. My garage is on the previous videos and Its about 3 car garage. Two cars go easy and theres little Paint booth In the side.

Cars are only My hobby, I work company called isover Saint gobain. We make insulation for pipes and buildings etc from recycled glass
    Last edited by timo pajala; 02-07-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Registered Member

I was marking the New door molding holes and test fitted the door window reveal moldings and dont have any clue how the upper one is supposed to install?

Molding has screw plates on the back but My door has no holes In there. The Doors are from another year car so do i need to drill holes for the screws?

Also no holes In the inner side where the other screw point are

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast