Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 57 Chevy Pickup Project

Member #:3217
    Good luck on your '2-yr project schedule'... Mine always turn into 5-yr projects (when I stay at it), or even longer when I get distracted to another vehidle...

Registered Member

Member #:4482
    Being retired I can work a little more on it than when I was working 55 hours a week. It could go longer than 2 but hope not. I almost have the starting plan for this truck which will start this weekend. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Good luck on your '2-yr project schedule'... Mine always turn into 5-yr projects (when I stay at it), or even longer when I get distracted to another vehidle...

Registered Member

Hi, Made some progress this weekend. Got the truck pretty stripped down. Got the hood, doors, seat, colume,cluster and pedal assembly removed. Now to start patching up the cab. Someone put a cab step on top of the cab step so have to tear that out and replace the cab step,lower hinge area, front cab mounts, front floor sections and inner cab corners. I anyone has done any of this and has any hints it would be greatly appreciated. Some progess pics. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:1723
    57Fleetside, Your truck looks like it is in great shape. Looks good on mostly avoiding rust? Loved the first shot thru the big front window opening, kind of like your truck was parked inside your house. You shop looks most excellent!
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Thank You, I do have some rust to deal with but should not be to bad. I will really get into it once it gets colder out. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    57Fleetside, Your truck looks like it is in great shape. Looks good on mostly avoiding rust? Loved the first shot thru the big front window opening, kind of like your truck was parked inside your house. You shop looks most excellent!
    Regards, Doug

Member #:530
    With the C4 suspension setup, that truck will drive like a slot car! Nice. I may do that same setup with my 59 fleetside too...
    There's a vendor called Flat Out Engineering that sells the weld in kit for C4 retrofit to these trucks. www.flatout-engineering.com
    Have any idea who's kit your truck was modified with?
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

WagonCrazy, He uses the corvette front K member and made up the rest of the pieces for the rear. Hr doesn't use a store bought kit. He has done many of these. I hope it handles nice. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    With the C4 suspension setup, that truck will drive like a slot car! Nice. I may do that same setup with my 59 fleetside too...
    There's a vendor called Flat Out Engineering that sells the weld in kit for C4 retrofit to these trucks. www.flatout-engineering.com
    Have any idea who's kit your truck was modified with?

Member #:3217
    Corvette Correction (Seguin, TX) is the company I obtained my updated '57 chassis from for my Nomad. He uses rebuilt C4 suspensions, brakes, and RnP steering racks. He began by doing approximately 250 of these for early Corvettes, then expanded to TriFive Chevys, later model Corvettes (C2-C3), and now provides them for '43-72 chevy pickup trucks...

https://www.corvettecorrection.com/c...rucks-43-to-72

He will sell you the Frame (setup for your body and c4 parts), or the complete 'almost ready to roll' chassis - just add your wheels/tires. He also has done complete restorations of C1, C2 Corvettes and TriFives if that is what is wanted (but I'm not sure he's doing that for Trucks as yet?)... Billy Dawson is the owner and is a great guy... Call him..

Registered Member

Couple more progress pictures. I knew someone and put a cabstep on top of the original cabstep but have to fix that. Got the top step off and started to make my patch patterns for the ones no one makes. Here are the pics

Registered Member

Well I think I have uncovered all the bad stuff so the rebild begins. Made up what patches I needed that were not reproduced. I did not want to replace the wholw floor and firewal so ptching up what I got. The trans tunnel already had been nicely modified so wanted to leave that. Pulled the LT1 and 4L60E out. So got the drivers side plenum patched and patched the right rear floor brace. waiting on "B" pillar panels and the cab steps came in wrong as I got two left side steps. Here are some pics. Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast