Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 57 Chevy Pickup Project

Registered Member

Member #:4482
    A little more progress on the 57 pickup. Engine and transmission arrived and will have to test fit soon as everything looks close eye balling it with a tape measure. I think I have all the bad stuff on the cab uncovered now. The last thing I discovered is whoever put the cab corners in put them in to high. The cab step is 1/2" lower than the cab corner so will have to replace them to. I have all the metal and think I will be ok but have to take the bed off first. Here are some pics of whats going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Some more progress on my 57 Pickup project. Got the metal work done on the right side of the cab (other than finishing the welds). My welding skills are not the best but it is solid. The door fits really good for one of these trucks and the rest looks good. Working on the drivers side now. I am in no hurry but coming along good. Once I get all the metal work done on the cab I am going to mock up the engine,trans and the front fenders to see where I am at. Then off to get sandblasted and epoxy primed before bodywork. Here are some pics of the progress. Steve

Registered Member

Couple more pictures.

Member #:2017
    Steve, be sure to check the bottom side of the A pillars (in the bend) as these are commonly a collection point for dust, water from condensation in the roof, and then rust.. Nice project!
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Member #:530
    Stay with it man. You're in the hardest part. It all goes together nicely after this.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up Robert. They have surface rust but seem solid. I had to draw the line somewhere on replacement of sheet metal. It should be a real solid truck when done. Want a real solid driver that I can go anywhere with. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
    Steve, be sure to check the bottom side of the A pillars (in the bend) as these are commonly a collection point for dust, water from condensation in the roof, and then rust.. Nice project!

Registered Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Still a lot to do but getting the cab done would be a great start. I wish the aftermarket sheet metal fit better. Every piece is a adventure but getting through it. This should be a fun truck when done. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Stay with it man. You're in the hardest part. It all goes together nicely after this.

Registered Member

some more progress on the 57 pickup project. I did the left side cab step, lower A and B pillar, inner cab corner, outer cab corner, floor section and cab mount. Also test fit the LS 6.0 and 4L80E trans which fits perfect waiting on a second set of headers as the first set were going to take a lot to make fit. Test fitting the front fenders, grille and inner panels while waiting for the headers. Steve
    Last edited by 57fleetside; 01-18-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Cool project! Keep going

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123