Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JET SIZE/SEAT OF THE PANTS

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I'd say it's as close to gospel as it gets. I do believe it does discuss WOT vs. cruise. Metering rods have a step on them. When the fat part of the metering rod is in the jet, that's a leaner mix for cruise. When the rod pulls up and the small end of the metering rod is in the jet, that's your richer mixture for WOT. So the way you tune the split between cruise and WOT is with the metering rod.

Just like with a Holley, you don't want to run a really rich secondary and a really lean primary. One step of mismatch is OK, that's how you fine tune. If you get lost, always go back to what they put in it at the factory and tune from there, and get an AFR meter or professional help.

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    yes, that`s the richer mix for WOT in the primaries, but all i was talking about is the secondaries. i actually think it went better with a leaner jet in the secondaries, thinking it was to rich. plugs are great, driving/idleing around town, so i`m leaving the primary alone.

Registered Member

just thinking it was just to rich WOT. that`s all.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Thing is, you want the mixture to be richer at WOT than you do at cruise.

Typically, cruise AFR needs to be 14.0-14.7. WOT AFR needs to be 12.5 or so.

Registered Member

yup, you`re right, rick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12