Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement stock style axles

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Attachment 11453

This is my old buddy's car that is Hilborn injection for a big block Mopar grafted to an Offy 2x4 intake, Car originally had an Olds rear swapped to a Dana 60. He also owned and operated his own dragstrip in addition to his successful welding and machine shop. He is also the one who got me hooked on running Dana 60s, having built my first one with 8 3/4 Mopar axle ends and brakes. Early Olds ends were his first choice, but I had none at time. He preferred to heat wheel bearing retaining rings to install them. This car still exist as shown in picture, that used to be a 62 409 with 2x4. When I started racing in the 70s it had a Q-jet. When I first remember this car it had a clutch-turbo 400 in the 70s and 80s. I ran one of the old 3500 pound roller assisted Borg & Beck clutches from this car in my Camaro back then.
    Was having a beer with a couple old buddies today and we were remembering the time this car snapped a 35 spline Strange axle. Funny thing the Strange axles were supposed to be an the welded narrowed axles they replaced.

Member #:1694
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I missed the international part, I am sure that make this more difficult.
    Not really difficult, just more expensive. I've had shipping quotes for over 500 usd for the pair.
    We also have to pay extra taxes (+26%) over the combined value so it adds up quickly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234