Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Exhaust issue

Registered Member

Member #:4337

Exhaust issue

I know this subject has been beat to death..never the less here we go..I'll try to be as accurate as I can.55 chevy 210 2 door motor is a 96 383 stroker mounted in stock position (side mounts).Muncie M20 4spd. Stock bell ,stock clutch linkage. Heads are Aluminium by ProComp.I have tried 4 sets of headers(origin unknown but friends say they are for tri-five)..Anyway for one reason or another..didn't fit. What headers will work..prefer long tube but I'm flexible..I'm sure somebody out there in this Vast source of info has same or similar setup. Thank you all in advance.Allan

Member #:225
    Depends in part on if you have now, or ever plan to lower the car. Hooker 2110 will fit for stock height, 2112's for lowered, but you'll need to use a rear crossmember and get rid of the stock bellhousing mounts.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Earle Williams makes a similar header to the Hooker 2112, with the same deal on needing to remove the bellhousing mount brackets. Dougs D353 is yet another like that. Hooker 2458 is another choice, doesn't require removing the bellhousing mount brackets, but hangs lower. Hedman also makes one like the 2458, forget the p/n.

I don't know the difference between the 2458 and 2110, perhaps primary pipe size?

Member #:225
    Yup. The 2458's are 1 5/8" tube. 2110's are "Super Comps" and are 1 3/4" tubes.