Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My 55 Bare Bonz just GO-STOP-TURN Build

Member #:516
    That looks great!! As markm asked above... What paint product did you use?

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What paint product did you use.
    SPI epoxy primer on everything. Still need to do the fenders though. I wish I could justify expensive paint, but I got many so many comments on the primer, 3 car show awards, and it probably won't see any paint for a long time. Plus, it is only $100 a gallon, and could re-spray the whole car again at some point. For all of the small parts I use SEM Ez-coat satin black. It is direct to metal like the primer with almost the same finish. It's a little pricey at $20 per can, but I've been using it on lots of stuff because is so easy to use, and dry to the touch in less than 5 minutes, cured in 30 minutes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Your car shows a lot of thought, good work, and lots of quality parts. Great ingenuity! Glad you are getting the joy of driving it. Do you figure to put the weight saving items back in later?
    Thanks. I don't want to add any more weight to it, but have a new front bumper to put on, and maybe side windows at some point down the road. Besides the weight the side windows look like an expensive pain to install. As long don't get caught in the rain, and no wiper motor, I like driving with the windows down anyway, plus the rear quarter windows don't roll all the way down. I like not having the vent windows too. Still need to weld some more tubing to the bolt-in roll bar I put in too. Will take on the interior panels when I come up with an idea, but not much weight there.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-14-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Looks good like my car would with an updated suspension and drivetrain. Is that a Winters shifter, I run them in my Camaro drag cars and have a couple on shelf.
    Yes, a Winters shifter. I really have gotten to like it. It's solid and you cannot miss a gear. I had to get creative trying to mount it inside a PVC electrical box. I try to make things easy to work on and troubleshoot where I can.
    IMG_0105.jpg
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-14-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    To get a similar look on my 55 150 we mixed 50% black and 50% dark gray of a PPG product that escapes me.

Registered Member

Member #:4833
    Nice work getting it together..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345