Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 55 Bare Bonz just GO-STOP-TURN Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Member #:2775

My 55 Bare Bonz just GO-STOP-TURN Build

After 5 years I finally got my car to the point where I can put it together as is and drive it, before I spend years, and tons of cash to make it nice. What started out as a 55 210 I bought after too many beers, and one click on ebay that turned out to be a rat infested car from a junk yard in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. I then bought a C4 conversion chassis to put under it. Sent it off to a body shop a few months later, and the car just sat there for a year with parts piled on top of it. I then found another body shell that I thought was a much better one to work with, but after almost another year in a different shop, $14k later and lots of filler that wasn't such a great deal either. Just got it back in the middle of July in primer, with more body work still needed, and decided it was going on the road anyway. Deleting a lot of stuff. No radio, AC, heat, wipers, side windows, sound proofing , and lots of other things. Just enough stuff to make it go-stop-and turn. Also trying to keep the weight under the weight of a 96 C4 Corvette, in order to use the stock traverse springs. It's kind of fun trying to figure out how to put it together, with lots of mods. It will be a surprise to me when it's done, because it is nothing like I set out to build, and it keeps evolving into a totally different car. I'll just post a couple pics for now of where I started, and where I am today. Will post more details later, so I can spend more countless time, and money on my car.
    20151031_113958.jpgIMG_2937.JPGIMG_8907.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-01-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Member #:3217
    RD.. I really like the looks of your '55 sedan in 'black' with the torque thrusts!

You have it in a form now to get it running, driving, and stopping, and no reason you can't finish it yourself as you need/want to... and have FUN with it..

Member #:3
    Looking Good 55 RD

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Uhoh... do you have a long extendible magnetic tool?? That's the only thing I can think of but I've never had to do that inside a '55-56 cowl. Maybe someone with experience on that can help you...

RD: You can do that When the full harness with all the wires is lying on a bench, but once installed into the car... not so easy since there might be 10-15 feet between the two points you want to check continuity ...

Member #:3606
    Looking really nice. What lift is that? Do you like it? I have been looking at low and mid rise lifts. I can't decide what I want.
    56-210, 283, 200-4R, Power steering, Power Brakes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 56Mark View Post
    Looking really nice. What lift is that? Do you like it? I have been looking at low and mid rise lifts. I can't decide what I want.
    It is an old Rotory lift I bought used like 20 years ago for $600. A 2-post like would be best. but this one has come in very handy, and can be moved around. It also has the sliding/swivel lift pads like used on underground lifts. And with any lift , you need to be careful not to knock the car off of it.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-01-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Member #:4422
    Nice looking double nickel RD.

I'm not a fan of the 'look' of high backs in our trifives, but otherwise I really like the seats you've chosen to use RD, and the higher mounting for visibility as you state.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I'm not a fan of the 'look' of high backs in our trifives, but otherwise I really like the seats you've chosen to use RD, and the higher mounting for visibility as you state.
    Thanks. I know these seats look out of place, but trying to do a few things different. Form follows function. There won't be a back seat either.
    Since there was no hole in the firewall for a steering column, I was at least was able to get started using a piece of PVC pipe. I'll post that step next.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-05-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast