Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 55 Bare Bonz just GO-STOP-TURN Build

Banned

Member #:2775

My 55 Bare Bonz just GO-STOP-TURN Build

After 5 years I finally got my car to the point where I can put it together as is and drive it, before I spend years, and tons of cash to make it nice. What started out as a 55 210 I bought after too many beers, and one click on ebay that turned out to be a rat infested car from a junk yard in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. I then bought a C4 conversion chassis to put under it. Sent it off to a body shop a few months later, and the car just sat there for a year with parts piled on top of it. I then found another body shell that I thought was a much better one to work with, but after almost another year in a different shop, $14k later and lots of filler that wasn't such a great deal either. Just got it back in the middle of July in primer, with more body work still needed, and decided it was going on the road anyway. Deleting a lot of stuff. No radio, AC, heat, wipers, side windows, sound proofing , and lots of other things. Just enough stuff to make it go-stop-and turn. Also trying to keep the weight under the weight of a 96 C4 Corvette, in order to use the stock traverse springs. It's kind of fun trying to figure out how to put it together, with lots of mods. It will be a surprise to me when it's done, because it is nothing like I set out to build, and it keeps evolving into a totally different car. I'll just post a couple pics for now of where I started, and where I am today. Will post more details later, so I can spend more countless time, and money on my car.
    20151031_113958.jpgIMG_2937.JPGIMG_8907.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-01-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Member #:3217
    RD.. I really like the looks of your '55 sedan in 'black' with the torque thrusts!

You have it in a form now to get it running, driving, and stopping, and no reason you can't finish it yourself as you need/want to... and have FUN with it..

Member #:3606
    Looking really nice. What lift is that? Do you like it? I have been looking at low and mid rise lifts. I can't decide what I want.
    56-210, 283, 200-4R, Power steering, Power Brakes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 56Mark View Post
    Looking really nice. What lift is that? Do you like it? I have been looking at low and mid rise lifts. I can't decide what I want.
    It is an old Rotory lift I bought used like 20 years ago for $600. A 2-post like would be best. but this one has come in very handy, and can be moved around. It also has the sliding/swivel lift pads like used on underground lifts. And with any lift , you need to be careful not to knock the car off of it.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-01-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Member #:4422
    Nice looking double nickel RD.

Member #:1723
    Hey RD, Nice to see how your 55 is coming along, seems like it won't be long before wheels down! The wheels and the black body complement each other very well!

Registered Member

Member #:4482
    Nice looking 55. Get it driveable and enjoy it. Steve

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    cool look the way it is. my sig says it all for me.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Banned

All though I've posted some of what I've had to go through on my car, I thought I would back up a few steps of what I had to do before. One thing that drove me crazy was the body shell I bought was someone removed the #1 body mounts, and threw them away. So before I could send it to the body shop I had to fab them up from scratch. Didn't want to try and cut them off of my parts car and destroy that one too, so I used them as a pattern to try and make my own. It took me like 4 months, but I think they will work.
    IMG_5477.JPGIMG_5484.JPGIMG_4927.JPGIMG_4353.JPGIMG_8206.JPG

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Looks good, any clue why someone would have cut them off in first place.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast