Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: MISSING SOMETHING ?

Registered Member

Member #:4421

MISSING SOMETHING ?

`57, v-8 mount radiator. between the top of the radiator, down to the top mounting bolt, seems like a big area that is "open". [on both sides] air would naturally flow thru there at speed, just less being pulled thru the radiator to cool. so, am i missing something here? thanx.

Registered Member

just looked at it again, a little closer, it`s about 5,6 square inches, both upper corners.

Banned

Member #:2775
    A picture would be a big help, if you want help?

Member #:1723

Filling the hole

Hi Dave,
    I don't know if I am thinking of the same area adjacent to the radiator as you described. My radiator is mounted in the 6-cyl position, and after reading all the posts about overheating, during my build, I tried to fill areas that I thought would allow air to bypass the radiator. I made these sheetmetal pieces to fill the area that you may be talking about (see pic below).

You aren't missing any factory pieces, I am thinking, but if you wish, you could block off areas by building filler panels.
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

BINGO! my radiator is in the V-8 position, but that is it, on the money!

Registered Member

somehow i got to learn how to post pics.

Member #:3217
    Posting photos is not difficult, Dave.... What do you use for a camera? Have you tried to post a photo unsuccessfully? Or are you confused about which function to use? The easiest way to get started is to post using the 'Insert Image' function from the bar on top of the reply window. It's the third icon from the right on my screen. Try it..

Banned

Member #:2775
    There was a time when I didn't know how to post pictures either. Pretty easy once you try it. I haven't tried directly from my phone, but I will just email myself a picture from my phone in the medium 128k format. Then open the picture from email and save to pictures. Then like said, just click on the insert image icon, select files, open, upload, and post. Only takes a couple minutes, and one picture is worth a thousand words. Too many people don't bother to post pictures like they should. I hadn't planned on closing up those openings on mine.
    IMG_8942.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-16-2020 at 05:58 AM.