Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Vent Shades?

Registered Member

Member #:4419

Vent Shades?

Curious if anyone here has the stainless steel vent shades on their Tri-five? Am considering a pair on my '57 2 door 210 sedan but not sure of the final look after installed? Believe they install by drilling small holes in the under side of the outside window frame near the window glass and small Phillips screws vertically into the window frame metal surround. Don't have pictures but believe that is correct? Hopefully someone here has them installed on their 2 door or 4 door either one and can confirm my mounting thoughts. 57 is freshly painted and having a hard time getting used to the idea of drilling holes, LOL.

Member #:3217
    I've had them on my '57 BelAir Sedan since I purchased it in the '70's. I love them for a non-airconditioned car, since they allow you to keep your windows down a little and getting good airflow in the car without worrying about rain coming in...

57 sedan-frt.jpg

Yes, that is how they mount with very small screws into the door frame. I considered removing mine and filling the holes when I painted the car back in the 80's, but decided I liked them too much...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 12-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Gary, thanks for the reply and confirmation about the mounting of the vent shades. That Bel Air is a "Smooth, Sweet and Sassy" ride for sure. Love the color combo. I have the stainless vent shades on my restored '71 Chevy 4x4 pickup and my retired work car, an '88 Chevy Caprice. Have them also on our 2005 Tahoe except they are the acrylic smoke color and use the 3M adhesive. Wondering if there is enough surface area to use the same 3M adhesive on a '57 door window frame? Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Think I may have located a used set of vent shades, should find out for sure this coming week. Thanks again for the confirmation reply and the pic. Great looking ride.