Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Linkage

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    East Coast Chevy ( and others ) sell the correct rod that goes from the firewall rod to the carb. I'm using that replacement rod on a Holley with no trouble.

Member #:4504
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Sorry, but I would go back to the drawing board on that. Looks like a recipe for unintended acceleration.
    I don't understand? I will be using a return spring. ???
    Jesus is my pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustaddict View Post
    East Coast Chevy ( and others ) sell the correct rod that goes from the firewall rod to the carb. I'm using that replacement rod on a Holley with no trouble.
    I bought a set up from Eckler's but I was thinking it must have been for a 1955 Rochester because it didn't correlate to my Holley but I could be missing something on my carb that I'm not aware of.
    Jesus is my pilot!

[QUOTE=markm;58859]With the Dog on this one, Check this out from Speedway just one of many things they offer.
    Part # 721BJGR4

$1.99

Thanks markm, but why would that be better even if it was not a ball joint?
    Jesus is my pilot!

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    here, perfect. ecklers, # 57-B4662-1. and i just saw steel bushings for my carb instead of rubber with a steel insert in it. hhmmm.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I had such good luck on my 55/56 with this stuff I ordered more to do a buddies 58 Apache with a tunnel ram and my dads Mustangs. Smooth operation and no sticking and much cheaper than stuff from Ace hardware.

I have settled on this for a while and it seems to be fine for the time being. Thanks to all who have chimed in! I feel like I have captured the essence of red neck art!

IMG_0314[119].jpg
    IMG_0315[118].jpg
    Last edited by ykf7b0; 01-02-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Jesus is my pilot!

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    i have my return spring going back towards the firewall to a bracket, bolted to the manifold. it kinda hids it. and, just curios here, should`nt that rod go thru that gig hole somehow that`s right above where you have it attached?,,,,,,,,did ya check for WOT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Wave View Post
    i have my return spring going back towards the firewall to a bracket, bolted to the manifold. it kinda hids it. and, just curios here, should`nt that rod go thru that gig hole somehow that`s right above where you have it attached?,,,,,,,,did ya check for WOT?
    I'm not sure of which hole on the carburetor arm the linkage is supposed to be attached but the 1/4 rod fit better in the hole I'm using. I have checked for wot many times and it is adjusted perfectly. I might relocate the spring for aesthetic purposes. Thanks Dave!
    Jesus is my pilot!

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    For comparison's sake heres mine. I have the east coast chevy rod. carb linkage.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast