Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All

Registered Member

Member #:4357

Hello All

I have been on here for a bit mainly collecting info and dipping in the vast pool of knowledge here on the forum. My name is Todd and I live in Texas. I have a 1955 Chevy that has always been in my family. A family member ordered it new to race it in "Stock Car" racing. It is a 1955 2 Door 150 Business Man's Coupe it has no back seat but a platform instead and the rear windows are stationary and have no regulators. The car originally was Neptune Green in Color had a 3 Speed Manual w/ 265 V8 and 411 Posi-Trac rearend. My Father later @1968 bought the car from him for the motor.

The car set in our back yard and I remember playing in it as a young child (4 yoa) & pretending to be a race car driver. I have an older brother who the car was given to as the 1st child. He never did anything w/ the car and when I turned 15 I started pestering the daylights out of him to give it to me so I could get it running for my first car at age 16. Finally he agreed to sell it to me for $1800.00. I used money to purchase it I earned from mowing lawns. I had started when I was 12. I soon installed a 350 with a Turbo 350 Auto. I painted the car and installed the carpet and wiring. I had someone do the door panels and headliner. All though a little rough and not perfect I loved the car. In 92' I got a Job w/ Lockheed Martin and traveled around on basses performing work on military vehicles and didn't take my car but had it stored in a garage. Soon I found myself always working like crazy and traveled. Needless to say I didn't do anything with the car except keep it stored in a garage. I decided roughly a year ago to take some time off and restore my car this time doing it right.

I sandblasted it and was pleased that there is little to replace only the drivers side floor area and the tranny tunnel from butchering my relative had done when he moved passed stack car racing. I have the majority of the bodywork done. I am going to weld up the holes Ill no longer be using (like on the Firewall) and then removing the body from the frame to tackle the top and bottom side of the car. I have purchased a Chassis for the car from Billy Dawson w/ Corvette Corrections and I have purchased a 5.3 Lt Motor w/ 8 Speed transmission to be my power. I went with the Dana 44 Package from Corvette Corrections. I will update this thread with photos as I find them (old) and will put up some of the project where it stands.

I am happy to be here and look forward to tapping into the pool of wisdom here even more as time moves on!! I thank you all and specially Gary/ BamaNomad for all his help. TO BE CONTINUED

Member #:3217
    Nice first post Todd! and Welcome to TriFiveChevys! I'm sure many of us wish we had the car you are starting with; it sounds like a great one and '55 150's (especially business coupes) are a desirable car for many people!

And.. I'm very glad to have been able to share my experiences with Billy and corvette corrections! I don't think you will regret the decision to go that way!

We're all anxious to hear even more about your car (and maybe see some photos?).. and don't forget to tell us a little about yourself as well! (GTA sounds like a 'Ford enthusiast' to me.. ???

PS. You may want to begin a separate thread (maybe labeled like 'Todd's business coupe project?' or similar to be your project build thread?
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 02-05-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Todd and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. sounds like a family heirloom in the making.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Nice first post Todd! and Welcome to TriFiveChevys! I'm sure many of us wish we had the car you are starting with; it sounds like a great one and '55 150's (especially business coupes) are a desirable car for many people!

And.. I'm very glad to have been able to share my experiences with Billy and corvette corrections! I don't think you will regret the decision to go that way!

We're all anxious to hear even more about your car (and maybe see some photos?).. and don't forget to tell us a little about yourself as well! (GTA sounds like a 'Ford enthusiast' to me.. ???

PS. You may want to begin a separate thread (maybe labeled like 'Todd's business coupe project?' or similar to be your project build thread?
    It could have been worse like "GTO" ha! its just my initials , Gary Todd Adams. I know the Pontiac Transam did have a "GTA" model....I think I recall that?

Registered Member

Thank You Sir!

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA View Post
    It could have been worse like "GTO" ha! its just my initials , Gary Todd Adams. I know the Pontiac Transam did have a "GTA" model....I think I recall that?
    Before your time perhaps, but back in the mid 60's Ford sold GTs and GTA's (the GTA was a GT with automatic trans)... there's probably been a few other instances of GTA usage...

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Before your time perhaps, but back in the mid 60's Ford sold GTs and GTA's (the GTA was a GT with automatic trans)... there's probably been a few other instances of GTA usage...
    That is the one that I remember.

Member #:3249
    Nice project. Keep us posted. Welcome!

Banned

Member #:2775
    Sounds like it's going to be a great car, with great history. I wish my 210 was a 150 just so I could have fixed rear quarter windows, and back seat delete, which I wont's have either. I'm using the C4 suspension too. I'm trying to get mine going despite one issue after another, but still moving forward a little at a time.

Registered Member

Best of luck to you! Rhome wasn't built in one day. One brick at a time and before you know it you will be there true and square.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast