Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Eastwood SCT

Registered Member

Member #:2425

Eastwood SCT

Thus far I am pretty impressed with the ability and finish resulting from using the SCT from Eastwood to strip the multi layers of paint from the fender. EA184A25-2FDE-429A-85A5-9E91B657AEBA.jpeg
    Last edited by 57barnwagon; 01-19-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I always wondered how well that tool works, and could probably be used for lots of stuff. The only thing that concerns me is the life, and cost of the consumables?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by 57barnwagon View Post
    Thus far I am pretty impressed with the ability and finish resulting from using the SCT from Eastwood to strip the multi layers of paint from the fender.
    Barnwagon: I just checked out a couple of reviews, and one thing that's important is the GRIT (or abrasiveness) of the particular wheel you used? Apparently the tool comes with a 120 grit 'finishing wheel', but there are 40 and 80 grit wheels available (~$50 each?).. Which did you use and how quickly did you strip the paint from that fender?

PS. One reviewer compared the Eastwood tool with a similar tool from Porter-Cable and determined they liked the price and size/weight of the Porter Cable, which also has a 3 yr warranty versus the 1 yr Eastwood warranty. Did you compare the Eastwood SCT to any other alternatives?

Registered Member

Member #:2425
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I always wondered how well that tool works, and could probably be used for lots of stuff. The only thing that concerns me is the life, and cost of the consumables?

I used the heavy abrasive wheel and it removed the multi layers of paint quite quickly leaving a nice finish. I will feed back once the project is complete as far as how well it holds up.