Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: WTB 1957 Rear Bumper Brackets-All Six

Registered Member

Member #:4419

WTB 1957 Rear Bumper Brackets-All Six

Irritates me to have to post this but it seems as I have totally mis-placed my original set of rear bumper brackets removed from my 57 2 dr sedan. I took the front and rear bumper sections in to have them re-chromed late last fall. Had the brackets then since the rear bumper was actually mounted to the car. Now that I need them to remount the bumpers can't find them anywhere. Normally am very careful about parts removal and storage so this really irritates me. Looking to either buy or trade. Looking for GM originals, good solid metal, surface scale and such not a problem as will bead blast, prime and paint. Do have some original tri-five parts I won't be using if interested in doing some "horse tradin" . Pics of condition and price plus shipping would be great. Thanks, Dualfours

Member #:3217
    Maybe you'll get some response on your 'need', Dualfours, but in the meantime keep on looking (in odd places) for your original brackets! I have found parts (that I KNEW I had) sometimes after many tries and many hours of looking! Those bumper brackets are pretty large and heavy so maybe they got dumped in a box and shoved under a workbench??

PS. My excuse is that I've got too many shops and places to look in at one time!

Registered Member

Bama, thanks for the reply. You may be right and perhaps I will find the brackets at a later date. My concern is the 57 is getting the front and rear glass installed today and the last items needed are the bumpers installed before I bring the car home. If I were to find the brackets later than I would have a spare set if ever needed or a set I could sell at a later time if someone needed them. My need for the brackets is holding up getting my 57 home again. If you possibly have a set I could purchase would be very interested in them. Thanks again, Dualfours

Registered Member

Found a set of the rear bumper brackets. Another piece of the puzzle I had and can not find when I need it.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Maybe you'll get some response on your 'need', Dualfours, but in the meantime keep on looking (in odd places) for your original brackets! I have found parts (that I KNEW I had) sometimes after many tries and many hours of looking! Those bumper brackets are pretty large and heavy so maybe they got dumped in a box and shoved under a workbench??

PS. My excuse is that I've got too many shops and places to look in at one time!
    I always find things after I purchased replacements, I too have stuff dispersed among many buildings.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I always find things after I purchased replacements, I too have stuff dispersed among many buildings.
    Been down that same road several times but at that point having a "spare something" is not a bad thing. My three boys will know Dad was a firm believer in that some day, LOL.

Should have said BOUGHT instead of FOUND the rear bumper brackets.

Member #:4767
    Dualfours do you have a set to sale now? I could use them let me know.

24 Year Army Vet ... Very Proud of It...

Thank You!
    William

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 210Chevy View Post
    Dualfours do you have a set to sale now? I could use them let me know.

William, yes I do have a set to sell now. Sending you a PM