Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Congratulations, it sounds like you've got yourself a really nice 55. From your description (and there are variables) the car would cost $200K-$250K to be built in a very high end shop. To sell it afterwards you'd be lucky to get much north of $125K. If he truly paid $600K to any shop to get it to where its at, I'd think they'd want to keep working on it forever as its been a unbelievably huge cash cow for them. My guess again from your description is you're $50K or so from having it done and it'll bring much more completed than selling it as is. Good luck with it, pictures would be helpful to give you better more detailed advise.

Member #:3249
    Sorry you feel that way. You post an unbelievable story, with no pictures, no reference as to builder, nothing other than you are considering parting it out, for your Ford. Then you criticize us for not believing without any evidence. Hmmmm..............

Member #:3217
    FYI ... NONE of us had any comments, negative or otherwise, about the widow. ALL of our comments were directed to the arrogant poster, assuming we were ALL going to drop whatever we were doing and respond to an essentially unbelievable story without any supporting photos, information, or anything. Your very first post... and you expected us to believe such a story? IF your story is accurate, AND you really want suggestions, THEN give us some detailed information and photos. NONE of us in here have any idea how anyone would spend $600K on a '55 period! Much less and to have it incomplete... Again, I ASK YOU..
    If I come to you in your mustang/ford forum and present such a story about a 64-1/2 Mustang and had spent $600K on it thus far in a high end shop and asked you 'what should I do?'... No pictures, no information just BS... WHAT WOULD YOU and your Mustang cohorts do/say?

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Welcome aboard Offdwall.

It usually takes a little longer to be called a troll on this site. It was that type of attitude in this hobby that lead me to sell my 55 wagon, and all the parts and just keep an import.

Sell it. List it on Bring-aTrailer.

Take a percentage for your time and give the proceeds to the widow. Honestly, you'll be happier with the Ford crowd.
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 03-06-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
    Welcome aboard Offdwall.

It usually takes a little longer to be called a troll on this site. It was that type of attitude in this hobby that lead me to sell my 55 wagon, and all the parts and just keep an import.

Sell it. List it on Bring-aTrailer.

Take a percentage for your time and give the proceeds to the widow. Honestly, you'll be happier with the Ford crowd.
    Why don't you take your import junk and leave too.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Scorpion hates us so bad he sold his 55 wagon, but he's in victim mode and has to come back and post more and get "bullied" more.

offdwall is more advanced at trolling, even his screen name is a troll name and got right to trolling in his first post.

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Scorpion hates us so bad he sold his 55 wagon, but he's in victim mode and has to come back and post more and get "bullied" more.

offdwall is more advanced at trolling, even his screen name is a troll name and got right to trolling in his first post.
    Really should not post this as it was a PM to me , But oh well people should move on and some can not practice what they speak

This was PM to me 1-18-2021

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    A Thought
    Dear Sid;

I hope the new year finds you healthy and well.

I just wanted to drop you a note. Several months ago I deleted all my content. I eliminated pictures, friends, personal information, etc. I did this because I had become uncomfortable in this community. There is often the mention of bullying, and it is a fact that it occurs here. There is also too much political rhetoric on this site. All of this hides under the misinterpreted reference to the first amendment. Often quoted seldom understood.

The environment here is sour, and its a place I would not frequent. If you check your ip traffic you will see I visit. However its not to share a conversation, or to help another member; its more to view exactly how far things go before things get cleaned up.

In a time of political and social unrest, social media can be an inciter. Unsubstantiated posts are not only a risk, they are a liability. Quoting a random source btw is not substantiation, its just propaganda used to make the posters point. Truth is objective, social media is subjective.

The atmosphere was so bad (and it caused me to really look at the hobby differently), that I sold my 55, and turned in my carlisle spaces. It reflected the dark side of a hobby I no longer wish to be a part of.

I do wish you well. You were always a patient friendly gentleman.

I would advise at a minimum that you disclaim all political posts- specifically that they are the opinion of the poster and dont reflect the website. Better yet- ban them. Tri-five.com is not universally wrong, and the sites I now visit do not allow the political junk.

Did you ever wonder why Chevynut, a guy with 10,000 points stopped visiting? Id guess politics and conflict (yes he dished it out too but the atmosphere allowed it and the attacks went both ways). I suspect the reason he doesnt delete his info is that he is a sponsor and runs a business. Next best alternative, go silent.

Good luck Sid, dont let them bully you into letting them post all of this crap. Draw a line that is set to YOUR standards. If its all the political BS then so be it; but you set the rules.

best, Dave

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Banned

Member #:2775
    I guess private messages are not private here, but what scorpion1110 said is correct, so now what?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Really hard for me to believe that some one would sell their car over post on a message board. In the 70s I was not taken seriously by the local Trifive guys. I did not give up and quit.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I've bought and sold too many cars for dumber reasons than that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast