Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I've bought and sold too many cars for dumber reasons than that.
    Then you are as clueless as he is.

Registered Member

Member #:4627
    If they had only asked. I was so pissed, but your post is more what I am used to. I the Mustang forum we would just ask a guy to stack 2 books on the fender and shoot a picture, just so we knew it was real. I didn't have battery and I wasn't willing to just plug one in and hope everything was ok anyway. The guy at Dooley (Jeff) was helpful and said I would be ok using the actuator for the hood so I will do that next. Also, a few on the Ridetech forum suggested bringing a compressor and buy those valves they have for cars being worked on. Not sure about that hood, I have never seen one like that but that doesn't mean it's good. I understand that because he has $600k in the frame means it's worth $2, but it does show the level of quality he was trying for. Trying to post but being difficult as I am not used to your system.55 20210228_154848.jpg Right Rear 20210228_154602.jpg Front 20210228_154854.jpg

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Scorpion hates us so bad he sold his 55 wagon, but he's in victim mode and has to come back and post more and get "bullied" more.

offdwall is more advanced at trolling, even his screen name is a troll name and got right to trolling in his first post.
    "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

If anyone was around the internet for more than 6 weeks would be able to tell you why my name is what it is. See, when this whole thing was started your ID and email was limited to 8 spaces. I bet you don't know why. I am just lucky enough to be the original.

Registered Member

I had posted pics but the more I read the more that it becomes evident most of you are just morons and there is no value in your opinion anyway. I knew the corvette guys were bad but y'all exceded my expectations!

Goodbye

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
    Welcome aboard Offdwall.

It usually takes a little longer to be called a troll on this site. It was that type of attitude in this hobby that lead me to sell my 55 wagon, and all the parts and just keep an import.

Sell it. List it on Bring-aTrailer.

Take a percentage for your time and give the proceeds to the widow. Honestly, you'll be happier with the Ford crowd.
    Geez, how did you put up with this? I was heavily involved in another board with cruisers and I can honestly say that everyone supported each other. I understand where someone my wonder of my story's validity, which is why I posted what I did at the end, but on all the other sites I have been on a doubter would just say that this was an incredible story, do you mind posting some pictures so we can see what you have? That would have been so easy. Especially since I was new to the site. It blew me away what creeps some of these guys were, I was honestly shocked. Unlike you I am not going to just watch. I have strong feelings about the community of each site and there is nothing like that here. There has to be a better group out there so I will continue the search.

Thanks anyway and I wish you good luck!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Trifive View Post
    Congratulations, it sounds like you've got yourself a really nice 55. From your description (and there are variables) the car would cost $200K-$250K to be built in a very high end shop. To sell it afterwards you'd be lucky to get much north of $125K. If he truly paid $600K to any shop to get it to where its at, I'd think they'd want to keep working on it forever as its been a unbelievably huge cash cow for them. My guess again from your description is you're $50K or so from having it done and it'll bring much more completed than selling it as is. Good luck with it, pictures would be helpful to give you better more detailed advise.
    Thanks! Sure, here's a few pics. Please understand, I took these last week before I spoke with Jeff at Dooly and Sons. I was unsure of the wiring so I didn't want to connect a battery until I knew it was safe. If you look at the right side shot you will see 2 wires, and above that is a rocker switch. He told me it is safe to hook it up and open the hood that way. BTW he confirmed to me how much the guy had in the car. While that number is completely true, I know it does not equate value. I have a restored 73 VW Thing too and if I put gold plated cup holders in it, it would mean nothing to the next person. The AirRaid shocks are open but I found a guy that told me about the adapters that you can hook onto the lines and inflate that way with a 140psi compressor, and that will allow me to move the car safer. They should be here before next week. Again, I have no idea so I am just feeling it out on what to do with it. What do you think of the hood? I have never seen one like that and not sure about it. I guess I will learn more when I open it, can't wait to see that 620.

I could just hook up all that wiring, put in an interior, and have a scary driver in kind of a "Two Lane Blacktop" salute. I don't know yet because a beautiful frame does not mean it's a drive-able car.

Thanks for responding, I am just looking for any input from people that have one, work on it, and attend functions like rallies as I am not up on the 55 at all.

55 Rt Side small.jpg Front small.jpg Left Rear small.jpg Right Rear small.jpg and here's the 57 sitting in the bar if you know someone that wants the perfect Restomod 57 sitting in the bar.jpg

Banned

Member #:2775
    Wow, that 55 is incredible and has a lot of potential for sure! Too bad you had to find out how unfriendly this site can be, and many of them have NEVER bothered to post a picture. And they love to go on and on about political anything on chit chat that has nothing to do with the hobby. I've been banned twice , but keep hanging around hoping it might somehow get better. Best of luck on your car.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-08-2021 at 05:12 AM.

Member #:3217
    and getting closer and closer to a third....?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    and getting closer and closer to a third....?
    I really don't care if I get banned forever at this point. This site doesn't inspire me to post, or ask for advise on my car, and apparently it doesn't for many members and visitors to this site. It is still a bully site as you can see.

Banned

The more I look at that 55, the more interesting it gets. It is something way out of the box for sure. Not so sure about the wheels/tire though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast