Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What would you do?

Registered Member

Member #:4627
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    The more I look at that 55, the more interesting it gets. It is something way out of the box for sure. Not so sure about the wheels/tire though.
    As I understand they were an old set just used for moving it around the shop. There was supposed to be a one off set being made but if they finished them no one knows where they are. We have also been looking for his book, the folder that contains all the paperwork, but haven't found it yet.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I'm sure so sadly like many other people gone too soon, that he had it all figured out long before completed. Now you can change it up a bit for you, and keep his dream alive. Please don't go away ODW. I might be the only one left here that would love to see more about your car, and talk about it.
    No one would be able to figure out where my car design is headed, including me. Changes daily. They are never worth as much, when not drivable, incomplete with tons of parts, and ideas. My car ended up with deleted drip-rails, but I really like the way he had that one done.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-08-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Banned

And to just add to the thread. Please come back Chevynut?
    And many others too!
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-08-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:4627
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I'm sure so sadly like many other people gone too soon, that he had it all figured out long before completed. Now you can change it up a bit for you, and keep his dream alive. Please don't go away ODW. I might be the only one left here that would love to see more about your car, and talk about it.
    No one would be able to figure out where my car design is headed, including me. Changes daily. They are never worth as much, when not drivable, incomplete with tons of parts, and ideas. My car ended up with deleted drip-rails, but I really like the way he had that one done.
    When I decide if I'm going to modify something it's not an issue for me. Usually I own something well established (aka cheap). I owned a Red Dodge Magnum SRT8 Wagon and found they made less than 100 (so I made it almost perfect and left it there), but they made almost 1/2 a million of my Galaxie, which is why I bought it! I can cut that in half and no one would care, that's why I was looking for a decent LS motor. 500 horses out of an LS is a lot cheaper than squeezing it out of an old Ford FE block.

I am curious how this will handle with a Ford 9" and IRS, and how well it handles the 800 ponies. I had a 73 Firebird long ago with a 400 heavily modified to put out 500 and it ate transmissions.

I am just about ready to inflate the bags, those valves from AirRaid arrived today, and have the parts I need to see a lot more what this has under all that sheet metal!

Banned

It would be very interesting to see what you ended up with under the car, and hood for sure. 800 HP would be fun once and a while, but something a little more toned down could be fun too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234