Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Pate Swap Meet-Can't Go!

Registered Member

Member #:4419

Pate Swap Meet-Can't Go!

After the Spring 2020 Pate Swap Meet was cancelled last year, then scheduled for Oct. last year, then cancelled again, I had been really looking forward to the re-scheduled meet for April 2021. It is coming up this weekend and I CAN'T GO! Family commitments of all weekends and it has to be this weekend I can't make it. I know family is more important than looking at a bunch of old rusty parts and " stuff" but was SO looking forward to at last a real swap meet to go to. Oh well, guess will just have to quietly suffer the loss. Hope anyone here who goes has a great time. I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I go to a swap meet!

Member #:3217
    I think we are all alike in that regards, Dualfours! I haven't been to a car show or swap meet since 2019... Yes, I'm also suffering from withdrawal..

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I feel your pain I too will miss it this year, I went from 2005 to 2018 without missing one. Wellington is that down by Wichita, come to the meet at Douglas County Fairgrounds in Lawrence KS on April 31, May 1.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I feel your pain I too will miss it this year, I went from 2005 to 2018 without missing one. Wellington is that down by Wichita, come to the meet at Douglas County Fairgrounds in Lawrence KS on April 31, May 1.
    Wellington is about 30 miles south of Wichita. Am seriously thinking about the Lawrence meet. Can't go until Saturday. Hope can find someone who wants to go along. Bit of a drag doing a swap meet by one's self but have done so. Have not made Lawrence for a couple years now.

Registered Member

Lawrence is about the only one I go to by myself. Not near as good as it was back in the 90s. But then the one that used to be at Wichita sucked after it move downtown. Lincoln is not as good as it was when held at Fairgrounds. The Shriners one stunk after it left the Woodlands and moved to Lathrop Mo.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Most all swap meets are not what they once were. It's just part of the times.

Registered Member

I agree the swap meet is not as good in downtown Wichita as when it was at the Kansas Coliseum. I went to the Woodlands Shriner swap meet a few times until it moved. Have Lawrence penciled in for the time being.

Registered Member

Dualfoers did you make Lawrence, I did in Friday and bought nothing, dod not even see anything worth an offer. The only thing that was of any interest to me was a 58 Impala aloready sold for 3500. I appeared to be buildable.

Registered Member

Didn't get to go at all to the Lawrence meet. Had planned to for Saturday, early Friday evening had a situation come up that nixed that idea completely. Sounds as if wasn't the best meet for you, maybe I saved me some gas $$ and the travel time. Was just really wanting to experience the "thrill of the hunt" again for that elusive part you don't know you needed until you see it, LOL. I will be going to the Hutchinson Swap Meet this month, the 21st and 22nd (Fri & Sat) at the State Fair Grounds. Not a huge meet but have been going and setting up for a good number of years and normally do okay. Have found some pretty good scores over the years. If you go, stop by and say Howdy. It's indoors and outdoors both and I am in the building on the south side near the big roll up door.

Registered Member

I have only been to the fall meet in Hutch, small but I have found some good stuff.