Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enlightening article in ET by Roger Kimball

Member #:3217

enlightening article in ET by Roger Kimball

A neighbor handed me a 'sample' copy of the Epoch Times Newspaper a few days ago and suggested I read it. I scanned it, read most of the articles, but particularly liked one article (which I digitally photographed for posting here). I think many of you will agree with the author (I did) re three 'changes' in our laws over the years which have contributed greatly to the decline of our republic. The author is suggesting that these three 'supreme court decisions' should be reversed!

As for the 'Epoch Times' (a conservative print weekly newspaper), I haven't decided yet. I tend to fall on the side taken by the editors in most positions that became evident, but I did some research and found both pros and cons on this newspaper, so I haven't came to a conclusion on the ET as yet. Another of the articles or headlines notes that 90% of the news which we are exposed to on a daily basis is controlled by only 6 corporations (which IS a huge problem for our society these days), and it's all 'very liberal viewed', so it nothing else the ET serves as a counter balance to that!

Here is the article (two parts).. hopefully you can enlarge it on your screen so it's readable...

3 Proposals.jpg
    3 Proposals-contd.jpg

Member #:1723
    Hi Bama,
    A friend in Wyoming mailed me a copy of the Epoch Times, and I thought it was pretty darn good (I am a conservative), and so different than what one gets in the main stream news. I also see that it is available digitally. I am not sure I am going to subscribe, but thinking about it.
    Thanks for posting the article! Doug

BelAirO.. I'm also considering subscribing to the Paper ET... because I like to read a PAPER newspaper and don't really have a decent local one any more... I did some research on ownership of the Epoch Times and found several articles (mostly from liberal press) diss'ing the ET... an example headline here from the NY times...

"Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire...."

I have no idea what the 'Falun Gong' is but I'm trying to find out... I totally don't trust anything I find on the internet any more...

Here's another link, discussing how SIX corporations own/control 90% of the information that we are exposed to.

https://techstartups.com/2020/09/18/6-corporations-control-90-media-america-illusion-choice-objectivity-2020/#:~:text=As%20of%20September%202020%2C%20the,them% 2C%20and%20what%20they%20own.

All 6 must be owned by 'liberal interests' .. If conservatives desire to have equal influence on our views/laws/etc, then the rich conservative individuals need to begin buying increasing portions of these companies. I'm VERY TIRED of seeing nearly 100% of TV news being socially extremist liberally minded!
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 04-24-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Member #:530
    Ive been subscribed for about 6 months now, and see it of positive value. The writing is definately more conservative in value, but there are sections fo the (weekly) paper that also cover what we all believe are core values that have been under attach. I'm OK with it. Its adding value to my life.
    Just do it guys.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Thanks Paul.... probably the little push I needed...

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I received a couple of issues in the snail mail. Gratis, and I didn't ask for them, don't know why they got sent. I wasn't too impressed frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I received a couple of issues in the snail mail. Gratis, and I didn't ask for them, don't know why they got sent. I wasn't too impressed frankly.
    How did it compare to your New York Times, Rick?

Registered Member

Better than the NY Times doesn't count, and hopefully you know that.

Member #:2941
    Thanks for posting this, Gary. I read the article and agree with the author's 3 suggestions. Pretty wordy, though. Could have been stated in 3 paragraphs. But then again, I am guilty of that oft times myself, so cannot fault him there.

We still pick up the mail coming to my late Mom-in-Law's home. Here lately, she has rec'd 1 or 2 of these magazines gratis. I haven't read them, but my wife has and she seems to think they are worth the read. Her Mom was a registered Republican, so maybe someone is using the voter registration rolls in our county to send out these magazines?

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Registered Member

I had wondered if they got my name from voting in the Republican primary. There is no "registering" as a Republican or Democrat in Texas, but the parties do know who votes in their primary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast