Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Did You Meet Your Wife (Or Husband, For The Ladies Here)?

Member #:2941
    A love story for the ages! Thanks for sharing yours and Ginny's story with us here, Glenn. And please know that our family will keep your wife in our thoughts and in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

In Yiddish and Hebrew, there is a word which is oft times translated as soul mate. It means that in the truest sense...... And much more.

בשערט (transliterated)...... B'sheirt. Means literally 'intended' (for marriage) as in decreed to be so by G-d. The concept is that every person has only half the soul until they are one with their intended who brings the missing half and they join together to become one. Said another way...... They complete one another. Or you can relate it to Eve being formed of Adam's rib and when one's b'sheirt is joined to them, Adam and Eve are as if once again whole.

BTW...... My Step-dad's Mom lived in West Monroe. I remember driving up there to see her with my Step-Dad in his '49 Chevy when I was 12 or so. That would have been in 1959 or 1960. She had a small wood frame house with a screened in sleeping porch on the back. There was a septic tank in her back yard just beyond the porch steps. You could see the outline because the grass was much greener there. And the watermelons she grew from seeds tossed out there were the sweetest you've ever had.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Member #:3454
    Thanks Harry. Interesting that you have been to West Monroe. Doe you remember his moms name.
    Glenn Hargrove

USAF (66-70) Viet Nam Vet

Member #:2941
    Glenn being a kid, I always just called her Grandma. But her married name was Sorey. She had been a teacher when she was younger. Their family were kin to the Chennaults (same side as Gen. Claire Chennault who commanded the Flying Tigers in China before America got into the war).

A cousin of my Step-Dad was the man who actually shot Clyde Barrow. His name was Prentiss Oakley and he was a crack shot. It wasn't like in the movies. When the car approached, he stepped out into the road with a rifle he had borrowed from a friend. Fired once into the air and tried to wave down Clyde and get him to stop and surrender.

But Cyde gunned the Ford and headed straight for him, so Prentiss took aim and shot and killed Clyde with a single shot to the head through the windshield from a distance of a hundred yards or so. Those were the only 2 shots he fired. The car rolled to a stop by the side of the road. Bonnie Parker was uninjured but screaming hysterically. She never went for a gun and could have been taken into custody to stand trial. And that is what Hamer and his deputies from Texas had said they were going to do.

But they lied to the Louisiana sheriff and Prentiss, his deputy. Hamer and his deputies from Texas laid in wait for Bonnie and Clyde back in the woods for nearly 3 days and drank heavily. They had come with fully automatic BARs and armour piercing tracer rounds and they stepped out from the brush where they were hiding after the car stopped rolling and fired hundreds of rounds into and through the car, killing Bonnie Parker and riddling both her and the dead Clyde Barrow with dozens of armour piercing rounds.

What those men did that day haunted my Step-Dad's cousin until his dying day. He never got over it and from what my Step-Dad told me of it, I doubt that Sheriff Jordan did, either.

So now you know what really happened.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12