Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Holley 302-1 oil pan fitment

Registered Member

Member #:4460

Holley 302-1 oil pan fitment

I am about to install 2013 Ls engine with 302-1 holley pan, i have speedway motors Ls motor mounts for tri five cars and wondering do i need to cut the k member or Will it fit straight?

I have painted the front end of the frame and would be shame to cut that out and weld it

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The pan will fit and not interfere with the crossmember if your engine mounts are fitted correctly. It will be closest at the front pan bolts.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Watch your pinion angles for sure. On the LS C4 chassis I didn't build, I ended up with a 4 degree trans down angle, and zero at the IRS diff. I can only hope that's not going to be an issue. But from what I've been told it should be fine. Just received my Inland Empire 3.5 inch aluminum driveshaft. Didn't initially plan on spending $550 on that either, but it looks cool.
    I used the GM pan btw, and it fits fine. Always wondered how big a deal it was to use a 5 quart pan instead of the OE 6qts?
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-20-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Registered Member

All the GM pans either don't fit, or the sump hangs low.

Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up about the pinion angle. My 4link is set to 2.5° up so trans should be shame amount down. Gonna get the engine and trans next week so i can build the crossmember etc.

Registered Member

Factory angle is 4° down. Stick with it, as that is what determines the clearance and fit of the transmission to the floor pan and transmission tunnel.

This has nothing to do with the oil pan fit, as the driveline angle is determined by the height of the transmission crossmember and mount. The last thing is to get the pinion angle correct to the engine/transmission.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Factory angle is 4° down. Stick with it, as that is what determines the clearance and fit of the transmission to the floor pan and transmission tunnel.

This has nothing to do with the oil pan fit, as the driveline angle is determined by the height of the transmission crossmember and mount. The last thing is to get the pinion angle correct to the engine/transmission.
    Thanks for the info. 4 degrees is possible but have to make sure when the trans is fitted. 4 link can be adjusted after that so theres no problem with the rear