Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder Ideas w/4 speed ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:4419

Cup Holder Ideas w/4 speed ?

Tried doing a search but not a lot of luck with it. Have the original bench seat with a deep throw 4 speed shifter. Looking for some thoughts and ideas what others have done for this. I did find a cup holder arm rest style console that sits on the bench seat I am considering but have not pulled the trigger on it yet. Can't do a link as not computer savvy enough for that, LOL. www.cupholdersplus.com, either the standard or shortened version, not sure. Welcome any thoughts and ideas from others.

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    i PM`d ya, for i make some.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    had one in my 57 and 56, eBayHPIM1655.JPG (cheap too)
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

carl's56, Can't tell for sure but looks like a auto shift on the floor? My 57 has a 4 speed with the bench seat shifter and looks like that cup holder would be an issue for shifting clearance? Maybe even more so when doing some "spirited" shifting, LOL. Thanks for the reply and the pic.

Seen your a 'Nam vet. Myself, class of 69-70, Central Highlands. When were you in-country and where? Welcome Home, Brother !
    Last edited by Dualfours; 05-10-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Member #:3217
    I have the same sort of 'on top of the bench seat' cupholder/console in my '56 Nomad, with floor mounted auto shifter. It's not a big issue since my seat is all the way back but it would be for a short legged person.

Here is the aftermarket 'console' I added to my '56 Nomad a few years ago; it's the shorter of the two they sold. With the Vintage air taking up the standard glove compartment space, I h ad to have some place to put papers/etc...

My seat is all the way back in my driving position. The seat is mounted in it's stock location. The shifter is a Lokar for a Turbo 350 trans. The shifter is fully forward in the PARK position.

IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg

Member #:3249
    I have one from a place called Classic Consoles.com. They make one version for an automatic column shift, and a shorter one for floor shift cars. Might want to check them out. I have the column shift one in my 56.

Registered Member

bustewivell, looks like the shorter one is very similar to the one offered by the website I mentioned. Will do a bit of measuring and see how the fit would be regarding the 4 speed stick. Thanks for the reply.

Member #:3249
    My friend bought one while we were at Good Guys Scottsdale from So Cal Speed Shop. He got the shorter one for his 55 with a bench seat and a 4 speed. Let me know if you need measurements from his.

Dual Fours:

Sorry to be so slow, but I've spent the last few days helping my son in law re-roof a little building (16x22. It's not large, only about 4 squares, but after the ladder climbing, trying to walk on a roof when I have trouble on level ground, removing old shingles, replacing 3 sections of decking, etc etc.. when I've gotten back home in the evening, I've been SPENT!.. so anyway, I just recalled you'd asked me for some more information so here it is:

The benchtop console I pictured in a prior post this thread is a BC Mini (Bench Console Mini) made by "Classic Consoles". (website here)
    https://www.cupholdersplus.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign={ca mpaign}&utm_content={adgroup}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4v2EBh CtARIsACan3nzD7NvqXmIyyIJ90pGun4CyrbuRABFQEfxisdl0 RuU5r2Dk7Yx-u9saAnujEALw_wcB

It measures 7" tall, 13" from rear to front, 9" across except for the cup holders at the front where it's 11" across. Yes, it has a strap that allows it to be strapped firmly to the seat bottom. The console 'lid' opens from the drivers side laterally...

I hope this information and the website helps:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast