Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder Ideas w/4 speed ?

Member #:3249
    I'll e-mail him now for measurements and a picture. I'm not good at this computer stuff. Send me a PM or something with an e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Thanks for the reply and the checking of the measurements/picture. I contacted the console company yesterday and they are sending me some samples of the possible material colors to match my non-stock interior. Should have them within the week and then will decide which console I would like to order. Pretty well decided it will be the shorter console since I have the floor shift trans. Sending you a PM with email info, thanks.
    Last edited by Dualfours; 05-13-2021 at 05:29 AM.

Member #:3249
    He sent me the dimensions on his.............11 " wide, 15.5 " long, 7 " high. The picture he sent shows trans in 4th gear with console on the seat. I'll forward when I have an address for you.

Registered Member

PM sent with email address, thanks. Do you know the name of the company or vendor that your friend got his console from? May be the same company I am looking at for a console purchase?

Member #:3217
    Here is the aftermarket 'console' I added to my '56 Nomad a few years ago; it's the shorter of the two they sold. With the Vintage air taking up the standard glove compartment space, I h ad to have some place to put papers/etc...

My seat is all the way back in my driving position. The seat is mounted in it's stock location. The shifter is a Lokar for a Turbo 350 trans. The shifter is fully forward in the PARK position.

IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg

Registered Member

Looks like fits nicely to the bench seat. Would you mind sharing the measurements, from front to back, height and width across the front. Maybe also the amount of the seat portion showing in front of the console. Looks like maybe has a strap that secures it to the bench? Perhaps runs forward and under then back up to the rear of the console? Appreciate the reply and pics. Should have my material color options early next week and then will decide which will fit in best.

Dual Fours:

Sorry to be so slow, but I've spent the last few days helping my son in law re-roof a little building (16x22. It's not large, only about 4 squares, but after the ladder climbing, trying to walk on a roof when I have trouble on level ground, removing old shingles, replacing 3 sections of decking, etc etc.. when I've gotten back home in the evening, I've been SPENT!.. so anyway, I just recalled you'd asked me for some more information so here it is:

The benchtop console I pictured in a prior post this thread is a BC Mini (Bench Console Mini) made by "Classic Consoles". (website here)
    https://www.cupholdersplus.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign={ca mpaign}&utm_content={adgroup}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4v2EBh CtARIsACan3nzD7NvqXmIyyIJ90pGun4CyrbuRABFQEfxisdl0 RuU5r2Dk7Yx-u9saAnujEALw_wcB

It measures 7" tall, 13" from rear to front, 9" across except for the cup holders at the front where it's 11" across. Yes, it has a strap that allows it to be strapped firmly to the seat bottom. The console 'lid' opens from the drivers side laterally...

I hope this information and the website helps:

Registered Member

Thanks for the pic and dimensions. Looks to be the one for me. Just waiting to receive the sample material colors before I make an order.

Sounds as if you partook of a full day of activities with the roofing. Have done a bit of that myself but not for several years. At 72 years young I don't get on roofs near as much as I did years ago. When we roofed out house we laid down 34 squares, all hand hammered, no staple guns used. Carried 11 bundles up a 16' ladder, one after the other. Don't think I've got that in me again at the moment, LOL.

Check out the website; they show a LOT of colors but probably isn't going to be an exact match! My suggestion would be to choose a 'close color' that is a bit darker than your interior which is what I had to do.

Yep, Roofing Friday and Saturday... did me in at 73 yrs old! My son in law is 40 and spent his late teen and early adult years roofing with his father/uncle, but we both were WAY OUT of roofing shape! *L* When I was 40 or younger, I did a 25 square garage I'd built, and reroofed my home at the time around 32 squares, but I found out that was a LONG TIME AGO! *L* We both thought doing such a small roof would be a 'kick'... *L* .. but instead it kicked our rears!
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 05-16-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Registered Member

Just wanted to share I FINALLY received my bench seat console as ordered in mid-May. Arrived just last Friday but am VERY pleased with the look. Bama, it appears I did order the same console as you show altho in a different color, lol. The supplied color is very close to my interior color and looks great. Not the best pic, a little dark as I took it with the 57 sitting in the shop and not outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast