Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Domenic's 57 Nomad project

Member #:3217
    Sid,

Can you change the title of this thread to something like "Domenic's 57 Nomad project" ...?

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Sid,

Can you change the title of this thread to something like "Domenic's 57 Nomad project" ...?
    Done ,

Look ok ?

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Thanks Sid! That'll make it lots easier for Domenic and everyone else to locate for updates..

Message from Domenic today reads.. "we put in the center section or "Ham ", and the backing plates and axels with the new bearing's. Dom"

note: Domenic: I always refer to it as the 'pumpkin' or 'chunk'... never heard it called a ham..

IMG_5075.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5081.JPG

Registered Member

Member #:3799
    Gary , great job with the pictures. Here in Westchester NY. growing up I have heard of the "Center Section " being called a "Pumpkin " but never a" Chunk ". " The Ham "is common here . We also call our long sandwiches "Wedges " here . A common thing to do back in the day was to hook up your reverse lights to a toggle switch and you drove around with your reverse lights on if you wanted to race .

Domenic? Is that you or your restorer friend in the photos?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Gary , great job with the pictures. Here in Westchester NY. growing up I have heard of the "Center Section " being called a "Pumpkin " but never a" Chunk ". " The Ham "is common here . We also call our long sandwiches "Wedges " here . A common thing to do back in the day was to hook up your reverse lights to a toggle switch and you drove around with your reverse lights on if you wanted to race .
    Third member or jug, other names dont compute.

Registered Member

Member #:4336
    Maybe they are confused with what we in the antique boat restoration refer to as Lloyds of London marine grade plywood, it is mahogany plywood without any voids very nice can come in rotary or slice cut.

sales@harborsales.net 800-345-1712 quite expensive but what the heck if you are in this hobby or boats you are spending money ask me how I know.
    OFF TO BOWLING GREEN TOMMAROW.

Tightline5, Thank you very much for the 'name' of the plywood; I'm pretty sure you are right about where the 'honduras mahogany plywood terminology came from. I used the information provided to find a 'source' for this plywood, with the closest thicknesses being:
    12 mm (slightly LT 1/2") and 18 mm (18/25.4= 0.708")

Here's the link if anyone wants to order some of this material for their Nomad cargo deck..

https://www.boatbuildercentral.com/p...arine-plywood/

Registered Member

Member #:3799

"Bob the restorer "

Gary , this is my restorer friend Bob Sekelsky in the picture's installing the rear axel's . I'm in a picture with my son at the Rosehill Shopping Center in Thornwood NY. at their Saturday nite car cruise .This was when the Nomad was painted an incorrect pink color. I included a correct rendering of Chevrolet's 1957 Canyon Corral color it's in the picture before , Owner of that car is unknown and only used for what a correct rendering of what 1957 Canon Corral color should look like . Again thank you for all your help .
    Last edited by nomad; 08-14-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast