Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Domenic's 57 Nomad project

Member #:3217
    (from Domenic
    Bob has made some progress with the 57 . We have the dash board column mount and pedal support in along with the gas , and brake pedals . The dash trim is on , and Bob laying out the wires . The old harness was spliced in several ares and was bad . The car is getting a well deserved restoration as everything was 65 years old like me . I am using about 85 % NOS switches , resistors ect. Happy Holidays

Wiring 1.JPG

57 Dash WIP.JPG

And below is the restored heater photo that didn't post correctly from the previous update.

Heater restored.jpg
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 12-04-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Looks good as 57 can look nice, sorry my favorite dash is 55/56.

I prefer the turquoise interior on a turquoise '57, but it appears Domenic is going with black/gray?

Registered Member

Member #:3799
    Bama , the interior will be the turquoise interior, except the dash, window garnish moldings , cargo floor lino , and carpeting will all be black. And the gauge pod , and steering column , will be gray. The same way that Chevrolet did it on some of the Colony Creme Belair's . Thank you again for posting the pictures for me , Dom
    Last edited by nomad; 12-11-2021 at 03:15 PM.

You're welcome, Domenic.... but I don't think I've ever seen a turquoise car with black dash and linoleum...

Registered Member

Bama , I have never seen one either. But one National Chevrolet judge told me that you could special order things. I met John at Hershey he was their with a Black 57 Nomad which he helped to restore and it had an Ivory roof . The interior was the Black/Silver which they never made on the Black and Ivory roof Nomads . This is when Jhon the judge told me that they did do special order's. John Chamber's knew John who is no longer with us very well .When I see the 1957 Pale yellow " Colonial Creme " Belair's with the Black dash, and garnish moldings and carpeting , with the grey steering column and gauge's with the regular yellow/ black "Belair " door panels and seats it looks great to me. Also I'm not concerned with national judging .
    Last edited by nomad; 12-12-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Domenic,

If you like it, that's all that matters... different strokes for different folks!~

On a customer ordered car, they would install any parts they had that the customer ordered, and that includes interior and paint.

PS. I have seen black/white '57 models with with black/silver interiors; a member in our local club had a '57 hardtop colored like that back in the 70's..

Registered Member

The best blessing is that we all like different things . It what makes the world go round .

Registered Member

Gary . I'm having trouble trying to send you e-mails has your e-mail address changed ? Dom

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Can any body tell me where they are getting this British Honduras Mahogany plywood for the cargo area's for the 55-57 Nomad wagon's ? Is it a "Ciadella thing" ?
    Call Ciadella....? We've already responded previously to this question...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345