Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Door Handle Guards ?

Registered Member

Member #:4419

Door Handle Guards ?

just looking for everyone's opinion here on the stainless door handle guards or have also heard them called "ring guards"? Fasten just above the outer door handles with two coarse thread sheet metal screws. I have a set but have just not brought myself to drill holes in the sheet metal to install them. Simple process but just not sure. Anyone like them, hate them or thoughts?

Member #:3217
    Are they stainless or chromed pot metal??

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    They are both stainless steel with the part numbers cast on back of 3769619 and 3769620. Bought them many years ago before I started the restore on my 57. I bought them from an ad in the old Classic Chevy International classifieds section. Sure do miss that CCI club and the magazine. I joined in early 1982 and finally gave up the Eckler's subscription about two years ago. Eckler's was not even a close comparison to the quality of the magazine. It became one large sales and parts vendors listing with little or no actual content of classics. A sad end to a once great club and magazine.

Member #:3217
    FYI... The 'sad end' to the CCCI came when Doug Moorhead SOLD our club to a business for $7Million! That business kept it a few years, then sold it to Ecklers.. and of course Ecklers has been sold/bought a few times as well since.

Yes, the club was *good* for a few years until Doug had opportunity to sell out the members who had formed it for his 'retirement'. At the point that Doug stole the club from the members and sold it as his own, the organization ceased being a club! and THAT was a very long time ago.

Member #:3292
    ^^ Remember that!