Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: POlishes vs Waxes vs ??

Member #:3217

POlishes vs Waxes vs ??

Even among 'car guys', I've seen/heard a LOT of misinformation and ignorance about polishes and waxes over the years! They are NOT the same thing, each having a distinct purpose. Today's article (link below) from Hemmings does a good job of explaining the differences and purposes of each and also contrasts natural vs synthetic products, and makes suggestions about 'frequency' of use of each..

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/202...ign=2021-06-04

Registered Member

Member #:571
    There are many who disagree with the article's recommendation of waxing 2-4 times/year, including those who say never wax.

For those of you who were in the military, do you remember the dreaded "wax build up" on your barracks floors? That was purposely overdone, but can exist.

I also remember STRIPPING the old wax off the floor before we Re-waxed it... but the USAF was probably a bit ahead of the other services..

Registered Member

Member #:571
    You stripped it because of the wax buildup. And you stripped it again because you didn't get it right. This was done long before there was an Air Force, don't pull that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    You stripped it because of the wax buildup. And you stripped it again because you didn't get it right. This was done long before there was an Air Force, don't pull that one.
    LOL ....

FYI... The Army Air Corp was created by Congress in 1926, and in 1947 it became the US Air Force...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 06-06-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    every time on my car and truck, i use mequier`s ultimate compound first, then wax. as for the `57, different story.