Need to either re-core or replace the original Harrison radiator in my 57 2 door 210. PN# 3136158 R-03 (?) K-56 which is Nov.56 date I believe. 283 V8 with my signature dual fours, mild hyd cam and headers. Radiator currently has leaks in the down flow tubes and fair amount of damage to the paper thin fins. Not missing or tore, just scraped by objects thru the years. V-8 radiator position, have a steel six blade Derale 17317 fan and will be using a two piece ABS shroud. Have been looking at a LOT of aftermarket radiator options but would like some input from those who have gone thru this before and were satisfied with their results when finished. Price is not as much a consideration as is the quality and fit would be for me. Hate spending $$ and not being satisfied with the results. Will be talking to the shop that re-cored the 4 row radiator for my 71 Chevelle to see if they can get a new core for my 57.

Also the threaded nut plates have thread damage from a cross thread at some point. Thinking of drilling out the threads and using 1/20 bolts free running bolts which would make alignment easier when installing the radiator. Thoughts on this, good idea or bad idea? Opinions?