Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New member, actually were on once before but haven't used for a long time.

Member #:4695

New member, actually were on once before but haven't used for a long time.

Hi to all of you.
    I am in the process of restoring my grandfathers 57 3100 that he bought new. It is in really good shape, sat in a garage for over all of its lifetime except for the 45,000 miles that it has on it now. It has a 235 six cylinder with a manual three speed transmission with the shift lever on the steering column.
    It is original with a spare tire on the side and the wooden floor in the box is very nice for all of those years.
    I really enjoy the opportunity to share information and receive tips and tricks. Thank you. Gary.

Thanks again.
    GWO'S 57 3100

1. On my 1957 chevy model 3100 with a 235 six cylinder the breather pipe will drop oil. I have noticed that it has been doing this for awhile, any idea what the cause or the fix for the drip would be. Thanks in advance.
    2. I need to improve my braking ability on my 57 3100. i put in a new master cylinder as the old one was shot. Is it good to put in a 2 chamber master cylinder. if so will it fit in the same place under the floor. Any recommendations?
    3. Is it better to rebuild the wheel cylinders or buy new ones?

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Gary and welcome. good to have you here. neat to have a family heirloom. always a good idea to upgrade your brakes, i would save the old but put all new in.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:4695

Replacing internal steps, cab corners & some other lower hinge part panels on amy 1957 chev pickup model 3100

Hi,
    I could use some help either with a u-tube video or someone's video on how to replace the steps and cab corners plus some internal lower hinge panels on my 57 Chevy pickup model 3100. I would also like to know the best places to get the parts as well as other parts for my 3100.
    Thanks.