Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: Silly me...... Thought the Olympics were a place where athletes representing nations competed

Member #:2941

Silly me...... Thought the Olympics were a place where athletes representing nations competed

Just turned on our TV and they were covering the opening ceremonies at the Tokyo Olympics. Each delegation walking with its flag held high. Pretty cool. And nice to see them getting along at least for the duration of the Olympic games.

But after a while, I see...... 'Palestine'?!? How can that be? I thought the Olympics accepted delegations from various nations! There has never been a self-governing nation called 'Palestine'. Ever. There is no distinct ethnic nor cultural people called 'Palestinian'. No 'Palestinian' language. The term 'Palestine' refers historically (thanks to the Romans circa 70 C.E. or A.D. if you prefer) to what had been biblical Israel. And until recent years, if someone used the term 'Palestine' they meant the region that had been biblical Israel.

Actually...... There was (almost) a separate nation for the Arabs living within biblical Israel...... Following WWII in 1947 - 1948, the British (who had taken control of the region from the Ottoman Turks during WWI)...... Set forth the proposition that separate independent states (nations) be formed...... 1 for the Arabs and 1 for the Jews. The land set aside for a Jewish state being only a small portion of biblical Israel and the only area in the Middle East having no oil.

Well, the Jews gratefully accepted (European countries following the war did not want the survivors of Hitler's holocaust and the displaced Jews had nowhere to go). However, the Arabs declined the British offer of their own nation state alongside the Jewish state and immediately attacked the newly formed modern state of Israel.

Outnumbered many times over by the invading Arab forces in tanks, planes and outgunned in artillery, the Jews fought for their lives and the survival of their new nation. (The Arab forces being primarily Egypt, Transjordan, Syria, Iraq...... Aided by forces from Yemen, Morrocco, Saudi Arabia and Sudan.)

Hell, the entire Israeli air force in 1948 consisted of 3 war surplus Messerschmitt bf-109s bought by private citizens disassembled in crates, shipped from Eastern Europe and hastily assembled, sent into battle without any shake down nor training flights and flown by former American fighter pilots. These men were Jewish volunteers who were forbidden by US law to fly for the Israelis and they had to travel there by circuitous routes in secret. The planes were gassed up and armed. Engines started and warmed up even as the original swastikas and Luftwaffe markings were painted over and the Magen David symbol painted on. Then off they went flying mission after mission for days with no rest destroying Egyptian tanks......

https://idf-israel1948.blogspot.com/...reps-1948.html

Short version...... When the Arab nations massed numerically superiour forces against them in 1948 and attacked...... The Israelis handed their arses to them. Same song, 2nd verse in 1967 and 1973 when the Arab nations again attacked Israel and were defeated.

So I looked it up ('Palestine') in Wikipedia and it seems that in the 1990s, even though there was and still is no such nation...... Our 'friends' at the UN declared 'Palestine' to be a 'de jure sovereign state'. Even though it does not physically exist and has no boundaries. So what does this mean? Wikipedia has this definition......

"Most sovereign states are both de jure and de facto (i.e., they exist both in law and in reality). However, states which are only de jure states are sometimes recognised as being the legitimate government of a territory over which they have no actual control."

So apparently, the UN recognises a 'state' calling itself 'Palestine'...... Which exists in name only. Not in physicality.

Why? Probably because the UN is run by those who hate Israel and America and creating a 'pretend state' allows their propagandists to falsely claim that Israel is 'occupying Palestinian territory'.

Only there is no nation called 'Palestine' and there is no 'Palestinian territory' for Israel to 'occupy'.

The truth of the matter is that the territory the Arabs who now call themselves 'Palestinians' claim to be 'occupied' by Israel...... Is actually Israeli territory as set forth by the British and in a couple spots...... Small pieces of land won fair and square in the wars started by Egypt and other Arab states in their eforts to do what Hitler could not.

And that is why there is a 'Palestinian' delegation present at the Olympics.

Go figure,

Harry

P.S. >>> For those who may find this of interest, please see comment below......

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...stinian-people

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...obert-spencer/

https://johnmhummasti333455225.wordp...tury-creation/

https://melaniephillips.substack.com...e-now-sticking

https://morningmail.org/palestinian-...nians-problem/

On 31 March 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organisation executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here’s what he said:
    “The Palestinian people do not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct ‘Palestinian people’ to oppose Zionism.”

“For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.”

And if anybody should know what nationality he is, it is former PLO terrorist Walid Shoebat, who said this:

“Why is it that on June the fourth 1967, I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”

Here is another admission. HAMAS is the terrorist organisation that has the sole aim of destroying Israel and committing genocide on the Jews. In March 2012 on Egyptian television Al-Hekma on Memri TV, Fathi Hammad, the HAMAS Minister of the Interior and of National Security stated:

“Palestinians don’t come from Palestine. Brothers, half of the Palestinians are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis."

When the very people pushing for the destruction of Israel using the pretext of “Palestine” admitted that they were not “Palestinians” and it was all a fabrication, the world needs to take them at their word and stop falling for this monstrous scam. Under the original Balfour Declaration, the area known then as Transjordan, east of the Jordan River, was mooted as being the new Palestine, but in a massive act of betrayal, the British who had control over that part of the Middle East, handed it to the Hashemites who had helped the British in their recent war against the Arabs. The Hashemites immediately declared the nation of Jordan and threw every Arab who was supposed to become a new “Palestinian” into concentration camps that still exist today.

It’s time that the world stopped buying into this fiction. The Jews have continuously lived in that area that is now Israel for the past 5000 years or so and thus have the right to their nation of Israel. But it is high time that Benjamin Netanyahu declared firm borders without any debate or argument, sealed them tight as a drum against infiltration and terrorism, took control of any areas that were allegedly Muslim, kicked out any Muslim who committed treason and finally ended this border problem.
    Last edited by enigma57; 07-24-2021 at 03:47 AM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Member #:3292
    This nonsense may, with a bit of help from Mother Nature, be done and over with, real soon.
    A typhoon is whipping up, and can tcob with the protestors, [posers]....Kinda like we used to do in the states, with a fire hose.
    I've been in 2 of those storms. They are fierce!
    I was at the games in 64.
    Once they started adding all the BS "sports", I was done.
    Injector inspector
    Walmart hottie stalker.
    USAF 60-64.
    The guys that brought you the Cuban missile crisis in living color!

Member #:3217
    Harry: Good post, but I'm curious.. what happened to the territory that Britain tried to give the Palestinians? What country(s) is it a part of now? I read a book about all of that a LONG time ago, but unfortunately I don't recall many of the details... just that Israel 'worked their land', made it fruitful, and the arabs ignored theirs and tried to take Israel's..

Member #:3217
    Ol Buzzard: I am in agreement. I used to really like the Olympics and watch night after night of the competitions, but now that it's just another 'political piece of BS'... I don't mind if it goes away! I understand almost all of the recent Olympics have LOST huge $$ for the host countries, some even still paying for games held years ago! I'm sure that fact goes hand in hand with the 'politicalization' of the Olympics! I think only ONE country bid on the next games... so it will die eventually (maybe soon?) unless the world politics changes!

Member #:3249
    I have zero interest in it, won't watch a minute of it.

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Harry: Good post, but I'm curious.. what happened to the territory that Britain tried to give the Palestinians? What country(s) is it a part of now? I read a book about all of that a LONG time ago, but unfortunately I don't recall many of the details... just that Israel 'worked their land', made it fruitful, and the arabs ignored theirs and tried to take Israel's..
    Hi, Gary! Have been away from the forum taking care of some things and just now stopped by. I will research the details when I have time and post them here. But from what I can remember, the Arabs that later came to call themselves 'Palestinians' for political gain were (and still are) pawns in the larger game by which the Arab nations and Iran (which is Muslim, but isn't Arab) continue their wars against one another and of course, against the Jews in the Middle East. Some are actual armed conflicts between nations (straight up declared wars), but most are fought by proxy using terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas and others to do their dirty work.

The Arab nations that in 1948 ended up holding territory that would have formed an independent Arab state for the 'Palestinians' (Egyptians and Jordanians who had fled the area that would become the modern state of Israel) had the Arabs accepted the British proposal were Transjordan, Syria, Iraq, Labanon, Egypt and Saudi Arabia as I recall. And in smaller part, land won by Israel when the Arab nations declared war and attacked days after Israel declared independence from British rule. The small pieces won by Israel were of strategic importance in being able to defend against attack, ensure fresh water supply and of course...... West Jerusalem (historic capital of Israel and site of the Temple Mount which was set aside for the Jews by the British plan of partition whilst East Jerusalem had been set aside for the 'Palestinians'. Except that there was some sort of double cross by the Hashemites and Transjordan took East Jerusalem from and occupied it during the 1948 war. Of course, this left West Jerusalem cut off and landlocked much as happened when the Soviets walled off West Berlin.

If I remember correctly, the Hashemites rounded up the 'Palestinians' within their borders and put them in concentration camps. The camps still exist (they are called 'refugee camps' now of days and money sent by the UN and various nations including America to support those kept there is siphoned off by people such as Yassir Arafat (now deceased) and the rulers of Jordan with much of what they do not skim off the top being used to finance the never ending wars and terrorist attacks against Israel and very little going to feed and house the 'Palestinians' living behind barbed wire in squalid conditions.

Its an 'inconvenient truth' and is seldom if ever written about anymore, as it does not fit the template (false narrative) Western media use for their propaganda stories about the Middle East, but when I am online again, I will dig around and see if I can find some links for you that haven't been scrubbed from the internet or from the search engines.

You will find some mention of it (Transjordan double crossing both the 'Palestinians' and the Israelis here......

https://www.aish.com/jw/me/48917957.html

https://www.britannica.com/place/Jor...-Palestine-war

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    I have zero interest in it, won't watch a minute of it.
    This has been my thoughts since I was old enough to turn on the TV.