Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saigon part 2..

Member #:3292
    Injector inspector
    Walmart hottie stalker.
    USAF 60-64.
    The guys that brought you the Cuban missile crisis in living color!

Member #:3217
    It DOES appear like 'another Vietnam'.

The news refers to Afghanistan as 'America's longest running war', but IMO when the US is involved in such long conflict in another country, it perhaps should be called an 'Occupation'... and a country's citizens do not appreciate an 'occupation' by another government. Russia's long involvement in Afghanistan should have been warning enough for our government, but as usual, government officials are pretty dense!!

Providing short term help to another country is fine, but I'd like to see the CIA budgets/guidelines greatly reduced, so they can't unduly influence other countries... whenever they try to 'control' or influence another country, it always ends up badly for us...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 08-16-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Member #:2941
    Fact...... Under President Trump's leadership, there was relative peace in the Middle East including between Israel, the Arabs who call themselves 'Palestinians' since the 1970s...... And Iran's terrorist surrogates Hamas and Hezbollah. Hell, even the Taliban in Afghanistan and Obama's buddies in Syria and Iraq (ISIS) were contained until the illegitimate Biden regime (Obama regime, really) seized power again in Washington.

Fact...... Yes, they really are incompetent and inept...... For those who need know only how to destroy have no need to know how to build, as well. Truth be known, though...... The Biden regime (AKA Obama's illegitimate 3rd term) are hell bent on destroying America and throwing the world into chaos and what they do is purposeful. Not simply because they are incompetent and inept.

Fact...... Elections have consequences. Especially stolen ones.

Just sayin'......

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 08-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Member #:3249
    I'm just sick about this. It does seem like Saigon 2.0. Politicians should have to have at least a little military experience......and some sense. Just like Viet Nam, we've lost lives and gained nothing. We look like fools. Seems we can't win wars anymore, and politicians are the reasons why. I doubt any of our allies will trust us much, at least with Biden in office. Sadly, I don't think getting rid of him will help........then we get President Harris. What a thought!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    I'm just sick about this. It does seem like Saigon 2.0. Politicians should have to have at least a little military experience......and some sense. Just like Viet Nam, we've lost lives and gained nothing. We look like fools. Seems we can't win wars anymore, and politicians are the reasons why. I doubt any of our allies will trust us much, at least with Biden in office. Sadly, I don't think getting rid of him will help........then we get President Harris. What a thought!
    My thoughts exactly.

Member #:3217
    Unfortunately, we probably will NEVER have another President (or VP) with military experience. Since we've gone to the 'all volunteer' military (early 70's?), the percentage of American Veterans among our population has gone from VERY HIGH (after WWII, Korea, and Vietnam) to today the percentage is much less than 5%. Given the fact that our politicians typically come from *privileged* families, it's unlikely that we will ever have another veteran candidate to vote for! Few 'voters' now are veterans, and practically Zero politicians are veterans and that seemingly will get worse and worse with time...

Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    Bill, we must get rid of them all. And that includes anyone with an 'R' by their name who has done anything less than actively fight them tooth and nail through all of this...... Including the stolen 2020 elections that made this cluster-f*ck over the past 8 months possible in the first place.

Just my dos centavos,

Harry

A friend sent me this link earlier today......

https://www.jewishworldreview.com/08...lton081721.php

And although I figured out later that my friend who passed the article on to me did so in a light hearted vain...... The author's inferences regarding Afghanistan and Viet Nam got me wound pretty tight and I responded thusly......

I realize he is attempting to be humourous and the events he is commenting on are anything but humourous. However, I take exception to this assertion......

"Afghan fighters drove the U.S. out of their country thirty years after running the Russians out and a century and a quarter after driving out the British. They just keep going. The good news is, the war in Afghanistan is over......"
    1. No one 'drove the U.S. out' of Afghanistan any more than anyone 'drove us out' of Viet Nam. Militarily, our troops on the ground won every major military engagement in both theatres of operations.. And in both cases, we were sold out by the Marxist globalist 'Democrats' and their 'establishment Republican' counterparts in Washington D.C.

2. The war in Afghanistan is a part of the larger, global war being waged in the name of Islam against Western civilization. It is not over in any sense. It will just cost more lives now both Stateside and abroad to go back and contain the jihadists and those pushing for a pan-global caliphate when we have a legitimate seated government in Washington once again. In the meanwhile...... Everything will continue going to hell in a handbasket both Stateside and across the world thanks to the hate America crowd having stolen the 2020 elections.

3. Further (please see item No. 1 above)...... Yes...... In 1969, I did encounter a guy in a bar wearing a tee shirt with...... 'SE Asia War Games, 2nd Place' emblazoned on it. And yes, I flipped out and very nearly went medieval on his sorry arse. Because its a lie. One of the 'Big Lies' of our time. However, when he realized I really was about to rip off his head and take a sh*t down his neck...... He freely admitted that he had not been in country and had not even served for that matter. Said he only wore the tee shirt because vets and family members of vets would buy him free beer. So I took a deep breath, put my 6 bottles of imported German Schwarzbier in a cardboard box, hoisted it onto my shoulder and walked out without another word, happy to know I might not do anything that would cost me my freedom that night.

Best regards,

Harry
    And after my friend e-mailed me to say that he had not meant to upset me, I saw that I had been a bit abrupt in my response and needed to make things right between us. Also needed to remember that he is not a vet and his take on things might be different than mine.

So I sent him the following note......

No problem, my friend. Apologies if I came on a little strong there. This crap that is going on of late just has me on edge and I am concerned that the idiot illegally squatting in the White House will purposely crash the economy at any moment and my wife may not be able to retire as she really wants and needs to do and we may not be able financially to fix up the old house she grew up in and move a few miles away from this high crime area we find ourselves in at present.

Best regards,

Harry
    Guess the squatter - in - chief is getting on my last nerve, y'all. There has been a plan in place for years now regarding how things should be done when it came time to leave Afghanistan.

Had the plan been followed, it would have been an orderly withdrawl, with troops, military equipment and arms, American civilians and Afghans who helped us all taken out safely according to plan. Nothing left behind for the Taliban to use against us nor anyone else. No one left behind who wants out.

So now, Biden on Obama's orders says to forget the plan, forget an orderly withdrawl over time...... Just cut and run. Unnecessarily creating a crisis that will ultimately affect the entire world for the worse.

The Taliban have surrounded Kabul airport and cut off all means of entry. As many as 40,000 American contractors and civilians and over 60,000 Afghans who worked for us are now stranded in country with no way out.

The Taliban are going door to door with lists of those who helped us, dragging them out and shooting them, raping their wives and their male and female children before either murdering or enslaving them. People in Kabul must step over the bodies to walk down the streets and sidewalks there.

And the Taliban have acquired all the military equipment and arms Biden on Obama's orders stupidly ordered left behind, as well.

Am I the only one here who sees this and is really, really p*ssed?!?

Your thoughts?

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 08-18-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Member #:3249
    With Ya, Harry!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast